New Soilwork

I am going to see Soilwork soon...live...this should be VERY good. I am much looking forward to that show. I like the old shit, but this stuff is good...very good. And melodic.

I got bored with it very very quickly. Had another listen last night, and unfortunately, I found myself dozing while it was on... Not something you generally expect when listening to death metal, but it's just too clean, too melodic, too damn POPPY! Not bad though...

Originally posted by Griff7272
I liked this album too. Lots of my "uneducated" friends keep confusing them with In Flames though.
The songs ive downloaded off the last two albums have sounded ALOT like in flames(well, clayman, that is the only album i have by them), pretty good though, very catchy choruses, but i havent really liked much of their heavier parts, is there a song that i should download that has all of these elements(good death metal type song with a catchy chorus)? follow the hollow was pretty cool if i remember correctly i heard it on the metal channel on satellite

Maybe it just needs to grow on me, but I don't like it as much as A Predator's Portrait.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great album, but they just don't tear into anything like they did on Needlefeast or Grand Failure Anthem.

It's a great album, it's just so full of MUSIC, great pumping groove in the rhythm guitar as always, excellent chorusses, masterly musicianship, these guys brim with talent!

Also check out Embraced, the former band of Soilwork's new keyboardplayer, they've split up but their 2 albums are great, especially the last one ("Within") their site site in still online at http://listen.to/embraced

NP: Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

that's.....that's......*lost for words* I've had NBC playing solid for 4 weeks now. I'm a complete Soilwork nut.

(my N/P are my winamp songs; my physical stereo has NBC on 24/7. =)

I think everyone's disappointed that they've scaled down the guitars on NBC....I mean....the solos?! Where did they go?! They were anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 on APP, and now they're between something like 5 and 15. It sucks. But everything else on the album makes up for it; the new keyboard lines are GREAT (As We Speak, No More Angels, Mercury Shadow, Song Of The Damned) and Strid has a stunningly well controlled clean voice. Even more soaring than Mikael IMO. Just shows what voice coaching can make out of potential.

The new Soilwork is fucking POP!!!
The older records are ok, but nothing more.
I see atleast one of them everyday when I go to school
and everytime I am amazed how POP they are.

Originally posted by Hellblaster
The new Soilwork is fucking POP!!!
The older records are ok, but nothing more.
I see atleast one of them everyday when I go to school
and everytime I am amazed how POP they are.

Wow, great first post! Your reviewing skills surely out-do anything else I've ever seen on these forums!

Thumbs up to you!

:rolleyes: