New song for mixing practice (DIs inside)

Man been mixing too much singasongwriter and folk lately, so needed to get some "fresh air"!, heres my quicky 4 hours mix.
Its not mastered as usual!.

DOAM

First time i've included Vocals into a mix :) Hope you guys will like it..Cymbals are kinda fake btw :(

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7305927/_Doam_ by Slammer88.mp3

Guitars: TSE X30, two separate impulses blended together, some eq
Bass: Pod Farm (internally dual'ed)

REQ4 on Kick, EzMix on Snare and some reverb, Shuffler on Cymbals to give more stereo image, some delay on back's,REQ4 on main vocal, some lo and hi boost on toms..

Epic late reply...

Guitars are from a Line 6 POD (Blech!)

This was mixed with Reaper as I am waiting for Pro Tools 10 to arrive in the mail. In my time messing with the new Reaper for the first time, I realized that their I/O is crazy easy. This provided an opportunity for me to use parallel drum compression for the first time.

Almost all the effects used are from the built in Reaper effects.

I initially started mixing this as a challenge where I could only use my Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones and 2 hours worth of time to work on it. I completed the mix that you hear now utilizing my Logitec THX 5.1 entertainment system and checking the recording in my Chevy HHR with the upgraded sound system and subwoofer.

Hopefully I can upgrade to some ADAM a8x in the near future so I can mix properly in the future.

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. I would love to hear your thoughts on how I can improve. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: