Song for mixing practice - hard rock

great voice!

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the drum midi Johnny. I was thinking about trying some different samples and wasn't looking forward to replacing them. :) I may have a chance this long weekend to get everything set up and give it a go. Who did you get to do the solos?

Shredding courtesy of our own Carlos Arcay of the band Yidorah.

OK, new complete file now uploaded with working toms. Sorry about that. Added a "no drums" file as well (in original post) for those that want to use the midi file and their own sample package. If anyone needs anything else let me know.

cool song johnny the vocals rule!...thanks 4 uploading .....will try my shot at this later tonight

Quick question!
There are 4 toms tracks!, but the tom 4 track is blank!?! is that right?

Hi MortonDK:
Correct. I have a custom drumkit that I load for every project. I don't always use all 4 toms. I apologize, I should have stripped that file out. Didn't realize it wasn't used for this song.
cool! just checking! :headbang:

Hey John...just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you! What little free time I've had this weekend I've used to get stuff installed on the computer. I hope to have something for you in a couple of days. I'd love to mix the whole CD for you, if I had time. But free time is a luxury I rarely have right now. Some good mixes so far though. :)

Hey John...just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you! What little free time I've had this weekend I've used to get stuff installed on the computer. I hope to have something for you in a couple of days. I'd love to mix the whole CD for you, if I had time. But free time is a luxury I rarely have right now. Some good mixes so far though. :)

Right on, can't wait to hear something if you have time. You always do great work!

Forgot to answer your drum question...yes, this is a slate custom kit I made. Thanks again.

My shot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/929252/Promesis2.mp3

Some rough details: Uesd your drums with alesis d4 blended on snare. Bass is studio devil. Maybe i overdone the reverberation, but i think it fits the music nicely. Thanks for sharing.

BTW what drum samples did you use on this. Is it slate?