new song

After an obscene amount os listens I can say that this song whoops ass. It's beautiful, the pre-chorus/chorus melodies are holy & epic. The riffs are also perfect and necessary for the song. Can't fucking wait until the rest is available...

I still despise Leaders. Such an emotionless, undriven song. One of three-four songs I dislike in the entire Katatonia disco.

leaders is grand imo(ESPECIALLY the live consternation version, i just fucking LOVE the lead part in the beginning, sounds so grand)

but i must ask what are the "bad songs" in your opinion?

for me its fractured and scarlet heavens, i still stand that katatonia doesnt make any bad songs, just "less than stellar songs"

well to get on subject....

first listen, i really enjoy the song alot, i will agree with a few others, seems almost a direct sequel to TGCD, which is fine, but i like how each album prior had a totally different sound, but it retained the katatonia sound.

also as my freind said, the vocals have a big time "waking dream" feel to them, from the Ayreon album, true true

also sorry on the fractured "hate" my friend, it just never stuck with me

The song is great and the first riffs remind me of another great band
Crushing!

Last edited by a moderator:
leaders is grand imo(ESPECIALLY the live consternation version, i just fucking LOVE the lead part in the beginning, sounds so grand)

but i must ask what are the "bad songs" in your opinion?

for me its fractured and scarlet heavens, i still stand that katatonia doesnt make any bad songs, just "less than stellar songs"

well to get on subject....

first listen, i really enjoy the song alot, i will agree with a few others, seems almost a direct sequel to TGCD, which is fine, but i like how each album prior had a totally different sound, but it retained the katatonia sound.

"Leaders" and "In The White" (wow, I'm gonna get killed for that :lol:) are the only Katatonia songs I never listen to. The songs I deem weak on the earlier albums are still listenable, like "We Must Bury You". It's dramatically worse than everything else on LFDGD but I still get it on my head once in a while.

Very good song indeed and album is most likely gonna offer us even better songs (they wouldn't release the best song as single). This blends heaviness (Meshuggah-ish parts), atmospheric melodies and vocals into one in a very good way. Forsaker is definitely more complex than single songs usually are but it's only a good thing. Quite rich sound too. :kickass:

Right :) So this is the moment I reacted physically... I also have sth called synesthesia and it shows me a lot during these seconds..