new song

I agree, DB is one of the greatest Kata songs. Full of emotion, and very unlike the TGCD.

I don't find those anywhere near My Sweat Nurse

I wouldn't want to be looked after by a Sweaty nurse, no matter how catchy she is :p

The first riff of Forsaker reminds me very much of Meshuggahs "Future Breed Machine" from the Destroy Erase Improve album.

I like the clean guitar parts the most, but I agree that this feels very much like a TGCD part two. Maybe we shouldn't be so surprised about that considering the albums cover ...

All in all, a very good track (it's Katatonia after all).

I'm just really impressed with the guitar tone recently.

I guess I don't care about the catchiness as long as they have an awesome bridge...which I don't hear here, but I still like this song.

I bet you hated Wealth, too?

I don't hate or dislike any of their material since DO. Just some stand out more than others.

well comparing makes it easy.

compared to darkthrone is satyricon or emperor catchy. or.. well, you get my drift. things should also be judged by their on merits.

Except I'm comparing Katatonia to Katatonia, and not even old to new. Regardless nothing from that album sticks with me. I could take it or leave it.

This certainly made me even more excited about the album, I WANT IT NOW!

As soon as the intro riff started i was like "Wow, this IS heavy!" and then the verse came and made me sink into an Unfurlish-like trance. I thought I would be dissappointed at first but it really got me this time.

Can't wait for album release!

Maybe it's because I'm not totally awake yet but that song didn't really wow me or anything. But it was good. Its fucking Katatonia. I'll keep listening because I want "Night is the New Day" to be one of the year's best records.

Pfff tgcd not catchy?
Seriously? It has plenty of unexpected twists and turns and it is full of originality.
I love this new song. No it doesn't have huge chorus and no, not every song needs a huge chorus.
Talk about predictability.
The cool thing about this song is that it seems to work its way towards that magnificant bridge at the end.
The catchiness lies in this unusual distribution of epic moments.
They did a great job in writing this song and it didn't disappoint me the least bit.
Can't wait to hear the rest!

The band said this is their most diverse record yet, which sounds good to me. I just want at least a few mega choruses. When they described TGCD as cold, monotone, and they were true to their word. There's also a reason why most those words are seldomely used when a band describes their new record, but hey they can do what they want. It is what it is.

to be honest, i was expecting something more along the lines of Unfurl, but sounds good anyway

from 3:10-3:19 i fucking LOVE the clean guitar, dun da dun da dun. It such a small thing in the song but its fantastic, kind of like near the end of no devotion there is an extra drum hit and its just amazing. The small things, sheer amazement