new song

Actually there is something either in the vocal lines and the vibe reminding me of 'Unfurl' :err: The song however is beautiful, musically reminds of both 'VE' and 'TGCD' especially. The beginning of november is not so faraway anymore. Tks for sharing what you caught from the lyrix in a different post.

from 3:10-3:19 i fucking LOVE the clean guitar, dun da dun da dun. It such a small thing in the song but its fantastic, kind of like near the end of no devotion there is an extra drum hit and its just amazing. The small things, sheer amazement

Exactly. That's what I'm talking about. It's these things that detemine the brilliance of a band

The soloish part is great man. I think it's like a mixation of leaders and deliberation in some way.. heavy yet so melodic. Other than that the new sound is great. Indeed much progressive. Can't wait for the album to come out.

The intro riff has a "Leaders" feel to it in a way, but I could also hear death vocals over it if it were to be used for a faster song, a la Bloodbath. The atmosphere of the entire song is great. Jonas' vocal delivery is as impressive of that in "The Nearing Grave", whereas it isn't the musical style per se, but the vocals on their own. The guitar work is brilliant, to say the least, and the drum fills/rhythm parts fit perfectly. It definitely falls within that V.E./ T.G.C.D. vibe. Excellent overall production. This is one album I've anticipated to hear for a long time.

Its a great track

a lot of you moaned that you liked the B-sides more than TGCD well there you fucking go sounds like one of the TGCD B-Sides.

What do I think overall.

Theres still no band out there that touches the Katz, hell they could right a monophonic riff for 5 minutes and it would still sound better than most shit out there.

Leaders has had 4+ years to grow into our souls. Remember that.

Complex, deep, atmospheric.

Almost has that consternation feel about it.

Quite experimental.

Nice more wooden sounding snare...

You can hear those memory man pedals on Anders guitar.

god im loving it more and more its so.... deep!

Theres still no band out there that touches the Katz, hell they could right a monophonic riff for 5 minutes and it would still sound better than most shit out there.

+5000 :lol:

And YES, that snare really kicks ass... it's just the very perfect sound)))

Actually a couple of months ago I was wondering about the possible "evolution" of the Katz... dunno why, but was almost sure that more of those "asymmetrical" passages will take place... and...here they are))

:heh: well, the next stage is complete submersion into "depressive math-metal" ))))

That beginning of the song sounds just like meshuggah I think and when the verse starts after the intro it kinda feels like another song, but that having said the rest of the song is pure diamond.

That beginning of the song sounds just like meshuggah I think and when the verse starts after the intro it kinda feels like another song, but that having said the rest of the song is pure diamond.

That's how I feel as well, but it's growing. The chuggy parts fits better with the vocals and layer later in the song also. The intro chug part seems more like a presentation somehow.

I can really dig this.

Problem is, without the power of songwriting they are leaving Teargas stuff behind and it becomes more of a practical album rather than something I can latch onto.

They better save it with another My Twin or somthin.. otherwise Ill get bored of listening to a big headed drummer.

I can really dig this.

Problem is, without the power of songwriting they are leaving Teargas stuff behind and it becomes more of a practical album rather than something I can latch onto.

They better save it with another My Twin or somthin.. otherwise Ill get bored of listening to a big headed drummer.

I think they are suffering from lack of inspiration in songwriting. (God I hope I'm wrong and I hope the rest of the album would be the evidence) Otherwise I can't think of Katatonia making the 80% of a song with a standard " FORSAKER'S GONNA KICK YOUR MADAFUKKIN ASSES " riff.

Listened to it 5 times in a row, I'm not disappointed, production sounds massive, the way I like it. Nice snare indeed. The song's good, can't give a final judgement now though, I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole album.