new song

still, after some more listens: the song sounds like a b-side leftover from tgcd. better produced, heavier guitar sound - but still the same harmonies they used on their last album.

and the chorus?
ridiculous!! i can't hear any chorus, just a bridge ... and then? nothing at all.

where are the mighty chorus parts they have written once before?

the last good opener was dispossession by the way.
ghost of the sun - was ok.
leaders - was ok but boring
forsaker - is boring

just the opinion of a very disappointed katatonia fan. sorry that I can't find positive words.

Yeah, their solos aren't so cold. That's why I firstly thought that the solo suits some other band.. And yep, Opeth. I totally agree.

I like the fragment [3:16 - 3:18]. Someone's dying everytime I listen to it.

still, after some more listens: the song sounds like a b-side leftover from tgcd. better produced, heavier guitar sound - but still the same harmonies they used on their last album.

and the chorus?
ridiculous!! i can't hear any chorus, just a bridge ... and then? nothing at all.

forsaker - is boring

just the opinion of a very disappointed katatonia fan. sorry that I can't find positive words.

Couldn't agree more...

Oh my, new Katatonia. I almost fainted.

I've listened to it 8 times already and I'm liking it more and more. The vocals are o_O

and the chorus?

forsaker - is boring

i disagree almost completely. it's a phantastic song with a fine subtle chorus. much better than Leaders and even better than Dispossession imo. i think it's almost as good as Ghost Of The Sun

Maybe the conctruction of the song is not like: verse, bridge, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus - solo - chorus but hey, is that wrong? They cut out sth but I don't think it was because they made a music mistake.
Omerta ends suddenly - it means something. I suppose, the construction of Forsaker means something as well?

I like that the chorus is less catchy.

I like catchy-Katatonia, but this time around i wouldn't mind something else.

No, but it doesn't hurt either. I think Katatonia is a band that needs a degree of catchiness though. That's when they're at their very best.

yeah, this is katatonia, One step backwards unfortunately. I hope this is the "worst" track on the album. seriously, I had expect more from them. ...Kind of boring, nothing new.

This time around? I don't find anything particularly catchy about TGCD.

So when you come..

You used to be like my twin..

I hold your hand so hard...

You displace me..

uuunfuuuurl..

You said you would..

If these part aren't catchy..

I don't find those anywhere near Teargas, My Sweat Nurse, Tonight's Music, Criminals or Evidence. I wasn't talking about B-sides either.