new song

my girl listens to kat with me quite a bit but she was not impressed, she really likes the older teargas/deadhouse/mytwin/evidense (notice one song of all albums)

If they do not have that lucky song then although I will listen and enjoy the consternation riffage

but the album will flop in world.

I just hope this is the weakest song on the album.

Production wise its impressive.

But listening again a few more times I don't feel the same way, there's no pivotal hook anywhere in the song. Just a big collection of stuff. The solo is ok but sorta slapped in there.

Remember Leaders kicking in, you can still feel the opening line.
And Deliberation
And My Twin
And July

FALSE!!!! The dream is so far!

Sorry Im jumping the gun, maybe the rest is (oh please god) a little more, Katatonic.

my girl listens to kat with me quite a bit but she was not impressed, she really likes the older teargas/deadhouse/mytwin/evidense (notice one song of all albums)

If they do not have that lucky song then although I will listen and enjoy the consternation riffage

but the album will flop in world.

I just hope this is the weakest song on the album.

Production wise its impressive.

But listening again a few more times I don't feel the same way, there's no pivotal hook anywhere in the song. Just a big collection of stuff. The solo is ok but sorta slapped in there.

Remember Leaders kicking in, you can still feel the opening line.
And Deliberation
And My Twin
And July

FALSE!!!! The dream is so far!

Sorry Im jumping the gun, maybe the rest is (oh please god) a little more, Katatonic.

I don't agree. I'm sorry but I think it's just as crushing as leaders and although it doesn't have the traditional chorus feel, it still creates something cold, atmospheric, catchy, and dark. It's ethereal and beautiful, and like nothing Katatonia have come out with. I'm just really happy it sounds almost nothing like TGCD. The riffage has a different feel and the guitars aren't overpowered and sound really fresh and new. Overall this song has been kicking my ass so hard these past 2 days.

I'm really enjoying the song structure...and seriously...the guitar tone is top notch.

Loving that...and to say the song is emotionless is a far cry, too. I get a lot from Jonas in a few spots...

Solid...and growing.

Makes me thirst for the whole thing.

The song is growing on me even more each time I listen to it. I had trouble trying to sleep since it kept playing in my head. I was "Wow, this is pretty heavy for Katatonia" after the intro, then came the unfurlish part and I liked how they finally did a solo again. Can't wait until November.

I liked the tune, but I agree with everyone who said they were hoping for a more fresh sound. Every Katatonia release so far has had a distinct feel that was wholly unlike the previous album, with different melodic sounds etc. and this sounds like a TGCD tune. Now with that said, I already dig this tune more than half of TGCD, it's more emotional and the ending is superb. The riffing is heavy, but in a good way I think. It definitely is Katatonia, so it's leaps and bounds above almost anything else out there. Still pumped to hear the full album.

I don't agree. I'm sorry but I think it's just as crushing as leaders and although it doesn't have the traditional chorus feel, it still creates something cold, atmospheric, catchy, and dark. It's ethereal and beautiful, and like nothing Katatonia have come out with. I'm just really happy it sounds almost nothing like TGCD. The riffage has a different feel and the guitars aren't overpowered and sound really fresh and new. Overall this song has been kicking my ass so hard these past 2 days.

I totally agree with all your comments about the production.

Guess we really need te album to dive in and experience it.

Totally agree. There's a dark dream-like quality to this song that I've never heard from Katatonia before. I love this song and I can hardly wait to hear more. If this is just the beginning of the album, imagine the experience it will be to hear the whole album in its entirety?

Ethereal definately sums it up.

So.. after listening to it quite a few times on repeat I can officially say that I like this song. :D