New SUPER FAT Metal Drum Samples

So you want to give us a run down of the pre-amps and converters used to record this stuff ? :fu:

Thanks for asking.

All the samples were recorded @ 48 / 24 in a friend's studio that I often work out of.

For most of the stuff I used either a True Precision 8, Avedis MA-5, or pres on a Trident 80B console.

Samples were compressed heavily outboard, usually my chain was something like:

Pre - Mercury EQP1-A, LA-2a (or UREI 1176 or dbx 165 or dbx 160x). Brought it into PT through a 192, clocked with a Big Ben. I pretty much used this chain and tweaked it for each drum (and they were recorded in different sessions in the span of a year or so, so they vary a little bit.) In the new pack I will release, I'll actually include the different drums that I used to make the 1 sample, separately for maximum tweak-a-bility. In the old kit, its all just combined into 1.

For mics, I used a bunch of stuff, and ended up muting the ones I didn't think added anything. Toms were usually a D6, 57, and 421. Snares were usually a 57, or PR35, and B+K (forget which model) for top and a 414 for bottom. Heavily compressed ITB as well, used izotope alloy for a lot of the treatment, esp. the multiband transient enhancer.

Kicks were a random assortment of mics, usually D6, 421, and 57. I sometimes used a D112 for a CAD trion for "sub" bass.

Obviously I've processed the drums into oblivion, so you can't really hear the nuances of the analog gear, but hey, they're pretty punchy?

-Daniel

Hey Guys !

Thanks for expressing interest in the samples.

Here's some clips of the KICK and SNARE from the new kit.

Toms are in the works, but I'm almost done.
Heres a couple clips I threw together. Excuse the sloppy playing or whatever. Its just to showcase.

There are NO PLUGINS on the kick or snare. In The full clip, there is a little reverb on the snare and some light t-racks on the master to bump it up.

On the Drums Only clip, there is hardly any reverb on the snare I believe, and no mastering plug.

Full Clip:

http://web.me.com/dbmusicstudios/filechute/dB%20Kit%202%20sample.mp3

Drums Only:

http://web.me.com/dbmusicstudios/filechute/db%20Kit%202%20drums%20only.mp3

The new kit is going to have 4 or 5 different aspects of each drum, multi-sampled as well as .gog files. Here's some pictures of what you get:

Screen%20shot%202011-06-02%20at%204.56.44%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-02%20at%204.56.50%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-02%20at%204.56.56%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-02%20at%204.57.02%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-02%20at%204.57.09%20PM.png

Let me know what you guys think! The kit will be most likely be priced at $39, but you really get 5 kicks, 5 snares, and 16 toms (4 toms with 4 aspects each).

Cheers,

Daniel

sounding good man, i cant understand the shit people have given you on here, but i'll be checking your samples out once you've got a few more uploaded!

Would probably be a good idea to put the toms in the sample too. That kick sounds great, but don't think I'll buy this for 39$.

I could feel that kick hitting in the back of my throat, punchy as fuck. You guys think 40 bucks is too much? Are you guys fucking poor or something? If you don't like the samples don't buy them and stop whining jeezus.

I could feel that kick hitting in the back of my throat, punchy as fuck. You guys think 40 bucks is too much? Are you guys fucking poor or something? If you don't like the samples don't buy them and stop whining jeezus.

Yes. Yes I am.

Also, although the price is justified by getting "5 kicks" etc., it's still quite much for just one sampled kit.

Hey dbMusicStudios, cheers for the comment on youtube accusing me of using cracked plugins. And there was I thinking your spiteful comments against Joey and Slate's products were genuinely a slip of the tongue, out of character, and your heartfelt apology was sincere. You can imagine my disappointment then, to see you making a habit of bad mouthing and talking trash. Good luck with this smooth product launch of yours.

Jeez! It was a joke man! Take it easy!!