new to forum and have a few questions...

I never got into the "new" metal like lamb of god or chimera, but I listend to slipknot and mushroomhead, I got tired of their music. I had listened to thier albums probably 20 times, and I gerw so tired of it. It seemed to have a lack of songwritting skills, and didn't want anything except to make money. I always recoment, melodic death to start getting into "extreme" metal, then most times the melodic death starts to get old you and just keep going. I currenly have been listening to death metal for 2 years, and i just keep going deeper and deeper. Just to say again, its all a process and if you want well written and enjoyable music, "extreme" music is for you.

We should make this thread a sticky. So, we don't get 100 of these threads.

zim18 said:
well i got into metal a few months after listening to rap for a couple of years...i finally woke up and realized what real music sounded like... so i got into metallica, megadeth, iron maiden, van halen, zeppelin, system, slayer, godsmack, bit of korn, disturbed, rammstein, slipknot, pantera, def leppard, motorhead and basically have a wide range of music....

i am now getting into the more heavy stuff such as slipknot, lamb of god, slayer, nevermore, chimaira, darkest hour and most recently children of bodom....

now the questions...
1.) why is new metal like chimaira / darkest hour so hated especially on these forums? i used to hate this screaming type of shit but have been seduced by the 80s metal influences and heavy riffs that these type of bands serve....

2.) why is slipknot so hated? they make pretty heavy sounding songs with some pretty good sounding heavy guitars, i own all there cds but i am by no means a die hard fan or anything i just like the music they make, although i do think joey is the most overated drummer in the world and after dave lombardo i think joey is a joke

3.) i dont want to start a war or come off as an asshole but why is death metal so popular? i downloaded stuff by cannibal corpse and nile and cant stop laughing while listening...it sounds like the singer put a bucket over his head and just starts yelling random shit while the guitarist and drummer just do crazy notes as fast as fucking possible

anyways i hope to learn a lot of stuff from u guys and discover new bands, as of right now children of bodom are completely wowing me...alexi laiho is a fucking amazing guitarist, i recommend downloading their aces high cover if any of u guys like maiden...he did it very well
paddy says listen to all metal and drink your local pub dry :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: