A question for you guys...

Thraxz said:
You guy whine like little girls. Everyday i come in here and see at least 5 "this is gay" posts. Newsflash morons, you just made the board a little more "gay". Coming on here is starting to feel like getting a ride in the waah- :cry: -mbulance. Shut up and make a good thread if you want this board to get better. :mad:
Normally I'd agree, but the fact is, this thread DOES fucking suck.

Why the fuck are you going to go out of your way to convert people to metal? What I have realized is not converting anyone...not even speaking or playing it in front of anyone is the way to go. The normal mindless sappling will not grasp it anyhow. Let them listen to slipknot!! FUCK!!!!!! What are you some sort of metal missionary? You like metal...we like metal. Discuss it here. Stop spreading it around like the fucking aids virus! It's bad enough seeing a blue haired thin-phobic sporting an icp shirt at an iced earth concert (True story). I don't want the metal scene's proverbial pipes blocked by a bunch of hammernosed assfaces thinking they have found the audiogenic equivalent of atlantis and turning the scene into a bigger cesspit than it already is. Shit we already have the inter mingling of all these metalcore ragamuffins giving concerts a congenial heart attack. So stop trying to convert people you fucking schmuck! Before I find you and kick your swizzlenuts down your throat! Azogue you may quote me on that!

P.S What do you have to gain with "enlightening" them? Not a damn thing!

Oh and Takinthemusicback is absolutely right. Takinthemusicback enlightened me about 9 months ago. And i forgot to thank this modern day Socrates. He told me one day when I was flustered and made a post on how the Opeth board was going to awful hell. (I don't recall word for word, just a general sense of it all) He said in 1 year you won't give a damn about this board. And it's true. I could care less. Just like when I came on to this board 16 months ago and defended Metallica tooth and nail like a good lil fanboy puppet. Now as I reflect, I feel like kicking my own ass for being such a tool. Sure I still like Metallica very much so. But after an exploration of countless of other equally and far more talented bands I have come to the realization that I don't care what my joe blow neighbor to the left of me listens to. Nor do I hold them in high regards enough to get all hot and bothered if they bash a band in which I enjoy. It's all subjective my friend. So let me finish this off by saying "Spend more time on who your going to take to the prom, as opposed to who lil Jimmy Steinback is listening to on his Ipod".

well... I like what he said. Fuck those kids, don't even try to spread the words, it sounds like we are in some sort of religion and it makes me sick.

Well i don't think you should give those kids metal CDS because they will only prefer more slipknot, linkin fuck, limp bizkit and CoF. Based on experience, when some nu metal kid approaches me and talk about music, of course he will say "Slipknot is the heaviest metal band around", and when i disagree with him and recommend him some bands, he will say "Nah, it's all a bunch of wussies and their music has no meaning at all, all garbage and noise". As a metalhead, that would really hurt your feelings, so don't bother to give them CDs, let them find good METAL in their own.

Fuck those idiots there probably stupid dumn fucks who have no taste in music what so ever, if you got them to listen to it they would probably just make a stupid coment back and then when you tried to explain that they can't even play their instruments well and that they play the same thing over and over again they would probably make some stupid comeback like thats how a song is supposed to sound with the same thing over and over again, thank rnb and pop culture for that, and yes it is the most stupid comeback ever and yes it does happen it happened to me a couple of days ago.

Thraxz said:
You guy whine like little girls. Everyday i come in here and see at least 5 "this is gay" posts. Newsflash morons, you just made the board a little more "gay". Coming on here is starting to feel like getting a ride in the waah- :cry: -mbulance. Shut up and make a good thread if you want this board to get better. :mad:
my main problem is with fucktards like your goodself, who think they are so much cooler than people who listen to bands that aren't so underground. If you really think you are that much better than them, why don't you go martyr yourself for the cause and save me the headache of unwittingly opening threads with the said, immature misinformed tripe.

/me goes for a ride in the waah-mbulance due to e-bashing by thraxz

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Oh and Takinthemusicback is absolutely right. Takinthemusicback enlightened me about 9 months ago. And i forgot to thank this modern day Socrates.

:lol: Cheers mate, don't think I've ever been called that before. :tickled:
But it is true though, not just with music, with just about anything in life - in two, three years you'll have forgotten all about it, so don't worry about the trivial things in life. Worry about your own enjoyment, fuck everyone else - they can do their own thing.
(How many people here wanted an Opeth tattoo last year? Still want one now?) :wave:

Heh...well, if people like rap, you could play them the remix of Master Of Disguise by Arcturus on the Disguised Masters album. Garm raps the whole song and sounds quite black (it's the norwegian accent that gives him this sound when talking, I've noticed).