A question for you guys...

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
i go to a school with a bunch of kids that listen to nu-metal, they think they are are so heavy with thier system of a down, slipknot, cradle of filth, and in flames(sound track, rr2r). well do you think it is worth my time to burn lets say 10 cd's and give them the track lists to show them what good metal is? and if so give me some ideas on what bands... remember, most people that first get into metal dont like the extremely heavy stuff like spawn of possesion, zyklon, suffocation, isision, and mayhem......

i have been thinking like mastodon, at the gates(TSD), into eternity, immortal, dath, sodom, the crown, and stuff like that.... .any ideas?

just like i posted on M-A, i think somepeople dont know how to access good stuff, i thought maybe i could help someone out....

the haunted, at the gates, or the crown are good midway points. but i wouldnt neglect the heavier stuff. put in some middle of the road stuff and then some heavy. so maybe some...

the crown
morbid angel (a non brutal intro to death metal)
death
emperor
darkthrone
nile
gorerotted
impaled
suffocation
at the gates
enslaved

got some different styles, some extreme, some not so extreme. some groovy, some not so groovy
~gR~

swizzlenuts said:
i go to a school with a bunch of kids that listen to nu-metal, they think they are are so heavy with thier system of a down, slipknot, cradle of filth, and in flames(sound track, rr2r). well do you think it is worth my time to burn lets say 10 cd's and give them the track lists to show them what good metal is? and if so give me some ideas on what bands... remember, most people that first get into metal dont like the extremely heavy stuff like spawn of possesion, zyklon, suffocation, isision, and mayhem......

i have been thinking like mastodon, at the gates(TSD), into eternity, immortal, dath, sodom, the crown, and stuff like that.... .any ideas?

Ignore them.

You gotta understand that music is like Candy; Everyone likes different flavors, and there will always be a popular taste out there that the Majority will like.

"To Each Is Own"

Me personally I hate "scene kids". When i was 10-11 i was the only kid (in my school) in 6-8 grades that had long black hair, wore black everyday, smoked pot and did acid, played Grunge Metal, and loved all that was hated and Evil. I'v always had a curious side of me that wanted to explore Self inflictions and pain, Evil, and more Evil.

Now you have all these kids running around calling bands like Lincon Park, and Hubba stank "Metal" and that pisses me off. As far as System of a down, Slipknot, and Inflames - All 3 of those bands first albums fucking Rocked, i dont give a shit. The First Slipknot CD WAS FUCKING AWESOME. THen the 2nd sounded too much like the 1st, and the 3 sounded like a remake of the 1st and 2nd with no new riffs.

BUT, i have been where you stand. I tried to Show these young Teenie bopers Goth wanabes (i'll do want ever the fuck i want to, but my mom says i have to be in at 10), THE TRUE MEANING OF METAL! I have SHowed them Opeth, Old Metallica, My own Summer by Deftones (forget the album name) and Rage against the Machine, BUT NO. they will not have it.

I Hate to tell all of you that MTV Owns The Music Ind. If MTV doesn't play it, the "scene kids" dont want it. You will WAste your time trying to convert those pussys. They know nothen of hard times or evollove, and the ones that do- can be converted.

Thank you,
Spooke 714
7 strings
14 fingers
Silent E

Don't even waste your time.They'll say Slipknot is heavier.
I used to put on some death metal for a friend who loves nu metal and he said Slipknot and Korn had heavier songs.

Yeah, SLipknots music is heavier I agree. But banging on the same "chord" for 20 straight "bangs" would sounds pretty heavy. Heavier doesn't mean better. I mean seriously... this is sooo technically challenging in quarter notes.

--------------------------------------|---------------------------------------
-0--0--0---0--1---1--0---0--1---1--0--|-0--0--0---0--1---1--0---0--1---1--0---
gtr2

-19-19-19--19-20--20-19--19-20--20-19-|-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*---
-x--x--x---x--x---x--x---x--x---x--x--|-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x---
-17-17-17--17-18--18-17--17-18--18-17-|-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^---
gtr1 *=21 ^=19

It'd be a waste of time. If you don't know them, then why do you care what they listen to? And if they're your friends, then just play some bands for them on occasion and if they like it, then fine.
Would you want some kid coming up to you telling you that you should listen to "real" music? If they start a conversation with you about "metal," then go for it, punch them in the face. But don't go around trying to convert people.

Slavematic Sound said:
You gotta understand that music is like Candy; Everyone likes different flavors, and there will always be a popular taste out there that the Majority will like.

"To Each Is Own"

Me personally I hate "scene kids". When i was 10-11 i was the only kid (in my school) in 6-8 grades that had long black hair, wore black everyday, smoked pot and did acid, played Grunge Metal, and loved all that was hated and Evil. I'v always had a curious side of me that wanted to explore Self inflictions and pain, Evil, and more Evil.

Now you have all these kids running around calling bands like Lincon Park, and Hubba stank "Metal" and that pisses me off. As far as System of a down, Slipknot, and Inflames - All 3 of those bands first albums fucking Rocked, i dont give a shit. The First Slipknot CD WAS FUCKING AWESOME. THen the 2nd sounded too much like the 1st, and the 3 sounded like a remake of the 1st and 2nd with no new riffs.

BUT, i have been where you stand. I tried to Show these young Teenie bopers Goth wanabes (i'll do want ever the fuck i want to, but my mom says i have to be in at 10), THE TRUE MEANING OF METAL! I have SHowed them Opeth, Old Metallica, My own Summer by Deftones (forget the album name) and Rage against the Machine, BUT NO. they will not have it.

I Hate to tell all of you that MTV Owns The Music Ind. If MTV doesn't play it, the "scene kids" dont want it. You will WAste your time trying to convert those pussys. They know nothen of hard times or evollove, and the ones that do- can be converted.

Thank you,
Spooke 714
7 strings
14 fingers
Silent E
i dont know what sucks more, this thread or that post.

call them pussies and break a bottle in their face. That will make them understand.
wavey.gif

Evil Dead said:
call them pussies and break a bottle in their face. That will make them understand.
wavey.gif
or that one.

this place is really starting to suck. regardless of how much you think it has sucked in the past, its really licking the ball sack at the moment.

You guy whine like little girls. Everyday i come in here and see at least 5 "this is gay" posts. Newsflash morons, you just made the board a little more "gay". Coming on here is starting to feel like getting a ride in the waah- :cry: -mbulance. Shut up and make a good thread if you want this board to get better. :mad:

First show them some Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Testament, old Slayer, old Anthrax. etc. Then play them some catchy death metal, like Arghoslent, Morbid Angel, Before God, Dying Fetus (even though they are not a very good band), Suffocation, Malevolent Creation, Monstrosity, etc.

First off, I don't think Zyklon are much heavier than Mastodon personally. Second, in five years when you've left school you won't give a flying fuck what your classmates are listening to. I suggest you take more of an interest in your own life, and fuck everyone else (not in a literal, sexual sense).
And Life Sucks, are Morbid Angel "catchy"?
This thread sucks cock. When I was a schoolboy I wanted all my pals to like Def Leppard - look at me now! I'm a crazy death metal fucking bastard of doom!!!!! o_O
Poofs.