New to Novembers Doom

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Well, "new" is a bit misleading. I've never heard a single song by them.

If at all possible, someone describe their sound for me, and perhaps recommend a couple of songs or an album to begin with.

Thanks in advance, compadres.

WHAT? You've never heard of Novembers Doom?
icon_moon.gif

Seriously, they are a doom/death band in the vein of My Dying Bride(but better IMO) and old Katatonia. There are a bunch of mp3's on their site www.novembersdoom.com. They have released 3 full lengths(I think) and their 4th comes out in either August or September.

I've heard OF them, just never heard them.

Thanks for sending me the way of their official site. Duh. You'd think I'd have figured that out by myself. :)

And doom/death sounds good to me...is it at all close to Love History? I'd classify them as doom/death as well. Old MDB and/or Katatonia works as well, esp. Katatonia.

Yeah, I only have The Knowing. It's a great cd, and I recommend it to anyone new to the band.

You passed up on it for only $7? :eek: I'm an eBayaholic (not lately) so I don't think I could have let that go... :D

Novembers Doom is an American doom-death metal band quite similar to My Dying Bride and old Katatonia.

The Knowing would be a good start to get to know the band. Some clean vocals, some death, and some female back-ups as well.

Overall pretty good IMO.

NP: Dream Theater - Images & Words