Novembers Doom and Driver's License

Tatsumaru

Of Hellfire
Mar 16, 2008
The Netherlands
These 2 might not have much in common, BUT...

Getting a drivers license is difficult here because they made all sorts of new rules and shit this year, which was frustrating to relearn (I started taking the lessons before the new rules came along). I've had loads of troubles getting the damn license, and today, at my 3rd examn attempt (loads of money down the drain) - I got it.

So why do I share this?

I was extremely nervous prior to the examn (I dislike cardriving a lot and I'm not good at it). I decided to listen to Autumn Reflection prior to leaving my home, because that song basically puts me to a sort of rest-trance state, and makes me feel strong (relating to lyrics ftw!). I was very relaxed after it, something I hadn't been at my previous 2 attempts. Also, I was wearing my new Novembers Doom t-shirt (which I bought at the show in De Kade). The examinator (some old, tall lady that was strict as hell) started asking what kind of music it was, and I basically said something like ''well it's really somber music, heavy guitars switching to melancholic parts, nice tempo variations, etc.''. She thought it was interesting haha, so we discussed it a bit. I think her first impression of me was that I'm some kind of uber-violent person that only listens to death metal all the time :loco:

Not sure why I'm posting this, but I'm just happy I finally made it, dammit. Finally, money I can spend on more fun things! Novembers Doom helped me out on my quest, so - thanks for the awesome music :)

where are you from? if you live near the hague and i see some uber-violent looking person driving around like a mad-man, i'll be sure to hit the brakes before you even get near me :D

Finally, money I can spend on more fun things!

You sure? Wait till you go and shop for gas :D

@ Jasonic - Haha, well, I guess I am somewhat decent at cardriving, otherwise I wouldn't have passed the test. I just dislike it: everytime I see some vehicle that's coming in at somewhat high speed from left, I get this shock because it reminds me of a car accident I was in a few years ago. Damn traumas, haha :lol:

@ AnTz0r: I'm from Alkmaar :) Oh, and I know about the gas... but still, I'd rather spend my money on gas then waste anymore on cardriving lessons and exams. I lost sooo much money over it, it's crazy. BUT first thing's first, I'm gonna enjoy my holidays, then I need to find a cheap car :D

The thing I'm actually looking forward to the most is playing uber-violent metal in my car. HELL YES.

Same here man, I actually had to take the test at the same damn CBR that you did 3 times. My parents are from Alkmaar... who knows, I might even know you or heard of you :D

Having a license doesn't mean you can drive well. I mean the only reason I haven't killed somebody is I hang back extra far due to knowing how shite my instincts are.

One night, I was with a girl checking out some new CDs. One thing led to another and we didn't even look outside until a couple inches of snow amassed. I got her home and found visibility so poor I mistook a sign for 295 for 95. Things were bad enough that by the time I realized my mistake, I couldn't see well enough to pull off somewhere safe. The entire time, I had The Knowing on. The drenching atmosphere of the album sort of swallowed my burdgeoning anxiety and got me home.

Road rage ftw! Also, nice story above :)

Having a license doesn't mean you can drive well. I mean the only reason I haven't killed somebody is I hang back extra far due to knowing how shite my instincts are.

Same.

@ Paul - Sure thing, I thought it was only fair to post this and let ND know haha :D