Novembers Doom in Cleveland...

valgalder

Sep 19, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Fucking excellent show! First time seeing, Novembers Doom, after waiting to see them live for years.. unfornuately sound was off at first and they played a really short set... on the upside it was still fucking killer and I'm glad i stayd the extra 2 days in Cleveland for teh show.. since its 3 hours away from wherre I live. Paul and the guys were really nice (thanks for signing all my shit :).. and the tour cd is a great bonus.. I picked up a hoodie, and unfornuatley my funds ended there...as I would have liked to buy some of the gathering stuff I didnt have since they were selling them for VERY reasonable prices... (unlike some other recent tours *cough*, Opeth...)

Agalloch were great, first time seeing them as well, just wish the sound was more clear...

The Gathering just blew me away.. finally good sound, great fucking set,, her voice was perfect, and pulled off everything flawless... the new bassist was great too.. Wow.... Wish I could see this tour again...

valgalder said:
Fucking excellent show! First time seeing, Novembers Doom, after waiting to see them live for years.. unfornuately sound was off at first and they played a really short set... on the upside it was still fucking killer and I'm glad i stayd the extra 2 days in Cleveland for teh show.. since its 3 hours away from wherre I live. Paul and the guys were really nice (thanks for signing all my shit :).. and the tour cd is a great bonus.. I picked up a hoodie, and unfornuatley my funds ended there...as I would have liked to buy some of the gathering stuff I didnt have since they were selling them for VERY reasonable prices... (unlike some other recent tours *cough*, Opeth...)
Hey man, thanks for making the effort to stay the extra days just to see the show. We're sorry about the sound from the p.a., that was the soundman's doing, not our own. It was the first day of the tour and inevitably there always winds up being sound problems that need to get worked out. Plus, we were supposed to get a soundcheck, and there was supposed to be an opening act and at the last minute they didn't show up and we were bumped ahead on the schedule, so we wound up with the beginning of our set being the "sound check"! We made the best of it though, and I think next time we play there it'll be even better.

For those who want to see and hear us do a longer set, we're playing this friday February 27th at JJ Kelleys in Lansing, Il. and I think we're going to be playing closer to a 1 hour set. Unfortunately when we do those opening slots like on the Gathering tour, we're lucky to get 35 minutes, but believe me, we're just glad to get the opportunity to play at all!