Novembers Doom... a rip off of Bologna?

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So the other day i was eating bologna and listening to Novembers Doom and I realized the similiarities! I mean cmon, both have that hard stringy thing on the outside, but when you get into the middle of it, its softer! So from now on in reviews of Novembers doom, i shall say "for fans of bologna"

I strongly disagree. They're a great deal more like olive loaf. There you are, chowing on a sandwich with vito and the other guy on the outside as the bread. They're really deluze gourmet uber-yum bread not boring ass derivative white bread so there's no issue there. Now Paul... you notice him right away. He's the best damned balogna-esque piece of meat you've ever experienced. Now you're expecting a little hint of flavour that comes with Eric but instead you get this really strong bit of Larry the Olive. At first, you're all upset that it doesn't taste Torn-y. Then you realize that the band's sound is similar ebnough that Larry was clearly the pimento all along anyways thus making him a logical olive and you get used to it super quick.

But I'm not so sure about the oscar mayer thing. I mean that's a diverse company. They make meat by-product into all kinds of meat-ish lunchy things AND meat by product into hot-dog-esque entities. I prefer to think of ND as more of a manzanilla olive metal band. They're not that weird oily salty like kalamatta olives but more of a robust flavor that recalls spanish olives with a twist.

What does one say to that?! LOL....but I see Novembers Doom as an habanero stuffed giant olive marinated in sweet vermouth :) Or maybe a medium rare rack of lamb with a whole grain mustard demi sauce, served with a bottle of Merlot :) (x's 2)

Well, my concern is it might also be high in carbs. You see... preparing olive loaf is an art. Some folks use way too much filler. So you're over there chowing down thinking "this is the fourteenth best olive loaf I have ever tasted" not knowing that it's the absolute worst, Atkins-wise.
Also... do you folks think Vito's mroe like sourdough or a nice super dark rye?

Well Paul hard on the outside usually means the olive loaf is rotten. If you've fed any of it to anyone since it got that way, pump their stomachs ASAP. Especially if it's turned black.