New Trivium anyone?

I hope you're being facetious. I don't think it's slate, but Josh Wilbur mixed it. Go listen to his Lamb of God and Gojira mixes, there's DEFINITELY a bunch of the same sample/ verbed sample/ clipping on the snare. It's my one complaint about his mixes. The drums are always just a little too fake sounding. Hate his snares.

The snare really is painful to listen to. Nothing about the drums sounds realistic. Despite what you and others are saying, I really wouldn't be surprised if there were Slate samples here. Everything is super plastic-y, and has that telltale 2-4kHz attack. Even the toms sound like his "Metal Toms".

Anyway, the second song they released is cooler. Though, that super forced and tuned vibrato all over is killing me.

Well I know of a few big name metal mixers who've mixed in a little slate here and there. So it could be, but in any case, super fatiguing and fake snare.

digging the new single more than the first one, song wise. Really liking how the vocals sound in the chorus, harmonies, overall production of them too. Not as much shitty autotune in this one, still a couple of spots that make me cringe (bet its the autotune at least).

first single guitars where pretty scooped and low, on this one theres some weird honky midrange in there. solo guitars are totally bland and unexciting.
bass sounds kewl.

digging the new single more than the first one, song wise.

Not digging the half assed "rock but not really metal" vibe they went with this album. They're not even good rock songs, its just awful. I don't know wtf they were thinking.
Even Theory of a Deadman writes better rock/metal songs :err:

If Trivium wants to do rock, right now they're way way below bands like Shinedown, ThreeDaysGrace, FFDP and even Halestorm.

Last edited by a moderator:
the progression of the chords in the verse sounds like a power metal song but in a different pace. The chorus isnt bad at all.

I hope you're being facetious. I don't think it's slate, but Josh Wilbur mixed it. Go listen to his Lamb of God and Gojira mixes, there's DEFINITELY a bunch of the same sample/ verbed sample/ clipping on the snare. It's my one complaint about his mixes. The drums are always just a little too fake sounding. Hate his snares.

Of course I was joking. Sounds fake as hell.