new TRIVIUM kicks ass so hard it HURTS!

Arsenu,

Oct 30, 2008
fuck!!!!!!!!

waited so long without tempting to youtube aside from the theme song.
so fucking worth it!!!!!!!
got the special edition 2 days ago, ever since it physically hurts when i press the "stop" button!

fuck! every song is FUCKING amazing!
i don't care what kind of music you like, if you own a set of ears you have to agree it's fucking awesome!
it's not even a discussion!
definitely the black album reborn with drop D tuning and modern metal drumming + not as mainstream (not even half as mainstream...)

every single song on the list (fucking 18 songs!) is incredible, unique, different from the rest, energetic, has a totally original STRUCTURE which was the main trivium fail falling into ABABCBB all the time... until now!!!!

plus 8 fucking live tracks which includes a finally good version of "amber to inferno"
amazing production got a LIVE performance to actually sound better than the original STUDIO version!

plus 40 min documentary!

what else can you fucking ask for???????
(seriously don't comment without listening to the album for a few times on a decent sound system)

Well, gotta agree it's a great album, but you can't compare it to the black album :D I mean i don't wanna say it's better or worse, it's just not similar to the black album. I'm just not sure if I'm gonna like it in let's say 3 month from now on, since the songs are kinda very catchy but i fear they also wear out quite fast. dusk dismantled is my favorite song at the moment, and i think they have some songs as bonus tracks which are better than some of the songs they actually put on the record... just my 0.02

Production is pretty damn sweet, but as far as the material goes... I guess it's alright by Trivium's standards, but it still sounds kinda generic to my ears, definitely nothing revolutionary.

Checked it out on Spotify, it did absolutely nothing for me. I realized it was still playing about ten songs and I noticed I remembered nothing of the songs.

Back when I first heard KSE's The End Of Heartache, I might have been excited about stuff like this, but it's really been done to death by now.

I think there are a few great songs on there...but only a few. To me it seems like an album of filler songs with a few little gems here and there.

Caustic are the ties that bind is probs my favourite song from the album...the others are kinda meh

The production and the mix is really great, but the mastering destroyed everything :(

The songs are pretty good, too, but a lot of these songs sound REALLY similar. And a lot of them have the same structure und similar riffs in the mid-section, where it goes "thrashy".
You can't deny it! :D

They should have kept progessing after The Crusade instead of "going back" to whatever they thought the fans wanted. Heard a few songs and +1 to sounding generic. The lyrics make me wince and laugh all at once.

dude!

Ascendancy WAS genius mainly in terms of guitar work.
but this is raw power and energy! and for me metal is all about power!
that feeling you get when listening to the outro of songs like Wherever i may roam is just indescribable.

for me every song in this album is fucking amazing! it's powerful, energetic and SIMPLE. no wise-ass riffs and time sigs. , no modern bullshit and a-rhythmic parts just to show how awesome the band is. pure simple POWERFUL music which flows naturally while having evey song sound a bit different.

you simply cannot ignore parts like the chorus of "a skyline's severance" or the main riff of "built to fall"
every song is fucking awesome and unique!

and would someone explain to me why so many people are having a hard time accepting trivium? seriously! did they do something wrong im not aware of other than, let's say... not sucking?

I like the album. But I liked everything they have done so far^^
There's something about the songwriting of these dudes that just work for me, doesn't matter if its more thrashy, core-ish or proggy...

There are a lot of good songs on the album IMO, altho they tend to sound the same. I think more than 80% of the songs are in the same key, and they also use the same chord progressions a lot of times.

Normally I'd say that they really need a better vocalist for that kind of music (skill and qualitywise) BUT I think he does stuff that just fits really good, so it doesnt matter for me that he's not the best singer and shouter out there.
Lyrics on the album are quite cheesy though.

My fav song on that album is also the most cheesy one tbh. I dont understand why its just a bonustrack

overall the album is very song oriantated, easy to get and to get going with. I think thats cool, but not an awefull lot of parts keep stuck in my head that way.

It's already been said but I found this new stuff to be so cheesy and predictable. I think it just lacks maturity altogether. People used to always compare Trivium to Sylosis which really annoyed me for a while, but after both of their new albums I think there is definitely a great divide... Trivium are too poppy and mainstream, without wanting to sound like a hipster.