New vocalist found?

The Frozen One

the frozen one
Apr 19, 2003
The Frozen River
Ok, so according to numerous sources (websites, friends, etc.), Jon has found Iced Earth's new vocalist and will present him very soon. Immediately, almost every single person I talk to that likes Iced Earth has said they think it's Tim Aymar. With the current members of the band, it really wouldn't surprise me if this were so.

I'm not saying I like it however. In fact, I'll be very fucking pissed off if this is the case. No offense to fans of Tim, but I dislike his vocals greatly. I don't think his vocals would work out with Iced Earth either.

Anyway, what're your thoughts? Is it Tim or no?

Personally, I hope it is Tim "The Ripper" Owens. I think that is the one Jon will choose because I remember he posted something like that on the IE board. Something about writing material for Tim's vocals.

was he the singer in Control Denied?

I read this prank at the Wacken forum hahah, not bloody likely!

Originally posted by A Coming Curse
PHIL ANSELMO NEW SINGER OF ICED EARTH Posted Friday 13th June
In an unbelievable move, Phil Anselmo has agreed to join Iced Earth as their new vocalist. He was reported as saying "Yeah man, i've always been a big fan of these guys, and when I got asked to join I jumped at the chance.... BRING ON WACKEN". Singer/Guitarist Jon Schaffer said "I am proud to announce none other than Phil Anselmo as the vocalist of Iced Earth.... This is such a brilliant day for metal!". Iced Earth will now re-enter the studio to finish recording their new album "The Glorious Burder", out sometime in the autumn through Steamhammer/SPV records. Iced Earth will also make their headlining appearance at the Wacken open air festival with Phil in tow.

i don't know ..
Matt had this really one of a style that it's so unusual yet very powerfull and has very great tone and great range for his ability ... it was melodic and agressive at the same time ... but like i say , if Priest can do it , so can they ..

just keep in mind that maybe John is looking for someone who's not like Matt ... someone who can do there own thing to the songs , sing them the same way , but by adding there own style ...
it's a crazy thought in many way , but look at how Tim did with Priest .. Halford is great don't get me wrong .. but Tim has power too , in his lows and his highs , he can nail the notes any way ... in his own way .....
same i guess will go to whoever else might be joining ICED EARTH ......
since there last WAKEN is this year with Matt , we're trying to get as many people to go see that , gosh it's a long way from sydney , but the guys did it last year , and why the hell not , we'll do it this year and the next ..... it's worth it ....

maybe so ... the first one was great ....
actually we used to joke about this ,if you just add matt on vocals insteat , then you'll have another Iced Earth Album lol .... think about it lol ....

i belive that matt was ment to do WAKEN and that's it .... i wish the man comes on here and talk about this in some way ... but yeah ... if so i'm soooo there ... alll the way from fucking AUSTRALIA ... so there lol

I haven't heard anything about Matt singing at wacken... i think they were supposed to announce sometime soon whether they are even playing wacken this year or not soon. If they do, i am sure it would be with the new guy, not matt... i would love to see matt once more, but i hate to say it's not too likely.

If Matt agreed to one final performance, and it was at Wacken, I'd be there in a fucking heartbeat. To be able to see his last show would be something I'd remember forever, and be very, very proud to have witnessed it.

i hope that they do , i truly do ...
we never had ICED EARTH in Australia "like so many other bands we never have or will have" . so we always fucking spend our fucking heart out to get to Waken to just see the bands we are so much influnced by and love .... it is hard to do every year cause it costs an arm and a leg to do , you end up basikly working your ass off paying off or saving for the trip over a while year or so ...
but it's all worth it to be honest , i can not explain it , but to see Matt at Waken one more time , man .. it will be the best thing to happen for Years to come ....