Newer fans (less than 2 years), what is your favorite Opeth album?

Best Opeth album?

• Orchid

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Damnation

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
I don't like to consider myself new cuz when I got into Opeth I got into them BAD. I got every CD within a month maybe and listened to each hundreds of times. I'm learning a lot of their songs on guitar (they got me into it) and I try to catch them every single time they play here.

But since I got into them only last year, fine, I'm a "new" fan. =P

My favorite is MAYH. Because unlike every other Opeth album, there isn't that one song which for some reason don't quite live up to the rest. Plus their best songs are on that CD anywhoo (April Etheral, When, Demon of the Fall, Epilogue).

So is anyone else surprised at these results? A year ago when I was still coming here regurarly and these polls woudl pop up at least once a week, BWP would win by a longshot (and usually the hardcore fans would make fun of those who voted for BWP claiming it's not hardcore enough). I'm really surprised that STill Life is winning (not that it's a bad thing).

At the moment, DAMNATION. Hails to donkho for voting it as well! I own all their albums and I like them all.

On a side note...Damnation is a great album to listen to high. Good to relax to.