News about the CD

this paragraph makes no sense. you claim it's challenging to make a single disc, then laud bands that put out doubles. either you think they're very very exceptional, or you brain farted.

Double discs are only better when the music is good. same for single disc, ep, whatever... filling it up just to be more prog and epic is bullshit

Kenneth. There's only about 10 single disc albums that I can honestly say I enjoy from beginning to end and probably two double albums. My wanting a 2 disc from SX was only because it meant more music to enjoy...nothing more...of course it's all about quality...which I think they could deliver.
We're at the point here where you're going to disagree with anything I write so lets just agree to disagree and move on.

In regards to SDOIT...I was taking it literally..IT CAME ON TWO CD's PEOPLE!! Just because they didn't fill every second of space might mean to some of you that it's not a "true" double album. Fine...but what's the point of arguing about that?! Also I think it highlights the quality aspect of the record in that they used 96 of the possible 160 minutes. But again that's all relative...I like the album...some of you don't...we're all different so lets leave it there.

Its funny you mention that, that only band i can listen to consecutively is symphony x! Well not the only one, but there is not one song I dislike by symphony x. They are all listenable, and I don't find myself listening to one song. For that matter if I'm listening to my iPod, or when I play Symphony X on my station, I find it hard to choose!

Most double discs in my collection often don't get played. For the most part after the 40-60 minutes you just listened to you feel like listening to something else, than you realize there is a second disc with uninspiring music. Or filler, or just a repeat of what you already heard. I found most bands have issues taking you on a journey on one album, why do you need a 2nd?

Like I mentioned earlier, symphony x always takes me on a journey, from start to finish. Paradise Lost strays away from that a little IMO, its not bad, but sometimes it just feels like music on an album, with no though into the placement. Even Self Titled, takes me on a journey, that I enjoy. (rod Tyler aside of course)

I seem to most often load up with one band, I have no explaination for it but I do, last week it was alot of Tommy Bolin recordings this week Chicago... but I dont listen to music all the time... just saying because I didnt want anyone to think when I say for a week its non stop X band.
-------------
Glad to hear you can appreaciate some old Chicago Ken, many lyrics are elementary anti war or cliche love but the music and feel of it is excellent. Very period defining music for the college mood turn of the decade... but there were many sounds around that time, none of which was very similiar. Do you have CTA ?

I thought Therion's Gothic Kabbalah was a pretty solid double disc but I can't really come up with any other good metal'ish 2-discers. Maybe because there really aren't that many.

when AM radio would pick up two-three stations at the same time.

What the fuck AM radio are you listening to that plays anything that sounds remotely like early King Crimson? Seriously, this is just the weirdest thing to say.

Seriously I'm racking my mind for answers right now I am making my brain chase its tail

Anyway my point stands - except for the endurance and memorization it takes to play them, why am I supposed to feel impressed by length?

I absolutely love Happiness Is The Road, and Marbles.

There are a lot of bands that I can listen to their entire catalogue and not be bored. Symphony X is almost one of them. Dream Theater certainly isn't. Maybe 60/40...

What about Lemuria/Sirius B? I find that far superior to Gothic Kabbalah

I prefer Gothic Kabbalah, can't fault a single song on that entire album, feels like therions V, at least to me.

Lemuria/Sirius B were two albums but they are sold together now.

Hope there's a new update soon. Kinda find it worrying.

I'm thinking that the next update will be soon and tell us the release date and possibly the track listing, but this probably has the same chance of it being a double album

Think the CD as picture...would a painter listen to the people about what colors or lines he/she should use and when the picture should be ready? Don't think so :). So better let them finish it in peace now haha.

Forgot about Tales from Topographic Oceans, that's another very enjoyable double album. (There's hope yet!)