News about the CD

Mike has been busy doing.. uh.. new cd stuff that I'll get to tell you about sometime soon, I hope, & I'm 100% certain that that's why he hasn't gotten back to me; it's par for the course at this stage of a new cd. I'm sure I'll hear from him this week sometime.

And JayDub's right..the update process has gotten quite complicated. It's not just Mike & me getting updates put together & sent out anymore, there are other avenues that the news has to go through first these days, & frankly I'm at their mercy..so don't shoot the messenger.

TheRelic, Mike is normally very good about returning calls, but once a new cd shifts into recording phase, all bets are off. I'm used to it at this point, after working with him for almost ten years now.

So they're still recording then? I don't know how it usually works, but how long does an album recording usually take?

oh hell, these guys just pop this stuff out like... well... pop. Theres really nothing to it, no thought involved, no ironing, no scrutizing, wam bam heres one prog album, we'll start the next one tomorrow, should be done in a couple days.

Romeo would rather be independent than lose his creative control. As i've stated many times before. Being with Nuclear Blast is only going to open so many more doors for symphony x! Though I've been wrong before heh.

They def' take there time time to perfect and make the best album they can at that possible time. With the resources given to them, in this case its a brand new dungeon. And a brand new label, so who knows what will happen. I sometimes wish that Romeo and the other guys where a little more into the interwebs. Because yes they take along time to perfect and solidify their releases. But its much longer for us fans who wait months for updates lol. I'm alright with it, I'm kept busy these days. But I know there are plenty who thrive for those updates. Most other bands update a blog or something daily or weekly (Pain of Salvation and Dream Theater come to mind)!

I'm kind of hoping for a theme and album title. Theme and album title gets our creative juices flowing.

In my opinion no one should hear anything until a release. Nothing worse than people and all their expectations when they are "let down" because something doesnt meet THEIR vision.

btw does anyone know when this album is set to be released? cos on Metal Storm it says May 2010... but that doesn't seem very likely... will it even be this summer?

Sigurðr;9096684 said:
trololo.jpg

Is that the album art? ;) :p

btw does anyone know when this album is set to be released? cos on Metal Storm it says May 2010... but that doesn't seem very likely... will it even be this summer?

I'm pretty sure it won't be released untill Autumn,maybe October or something.
At first I "expected" it to be released around May/June,but I have understood from the updates that it takes more time than indicated.

They should get all the time they need to make the albums as kickass as possible though. But it IS hard to wait...

yeah you are probably right, I was really hoping I could drive down to the beach with a new Symphony X CD on full blast :( ... a man can dream :p

@Zach: lol, very nice. I agree somewhat, but in all fairness. Everything gets our knickers in a twist! Whether its an update or a lack there of. So just because we are snobs and don't get along. Doesn't mean the band has to keep everyone in the dark. Like Romeo has said many times in interviews. "Doesn't matter what we do, or how we do it, there is always going to be people are upset!" Well not word for word, but basically you can't please everyone!
:

Well now they need to write a song to the great Dio, that would be awesome, it should be just some other named symbolic character. But thats just me, a few did it for Hendrix yet you have to listen to the words to know and I thought it was the best kind of tribute. Eitherway I think a statement on their web site would be more awesome now than word about the CD, during this particular period of time that is.