News about the CD

Rush released the title for their new album

due out in 2011 :p. I'm wondering when we'll get that info :D

Waiting on MJR to call me back, have called him twice now..something's keeping him way busy. Don't shoot the messenger, I can't deliver news if they don't give me any.

It must be something that requires a lot of focus.. I'm just happy they are recording. :lol:

This is where Symphony X is behind compared to other bands. With a lot of other bands/artists we get in the studio footage, backstage videos, insights about what's happening on a weekly basis, and dvds of how the recording process went. With Symphony X, we get the smallest of updates every couple of months.

There are smaller indie bands who make almost no money that buy a $150 pocket digital cam that records in 720p and they record all the stuff they're doing in the recording stuff and other stuff and post it up on youtube. Fans love this! I enjoy a lot of the videos! Look at Dream Theater! They've created a whole economy for this! And it gets more people interested in the band. I am really curious how the band records or even makes the beautiful songs they make!

This is more of a plea than a complaint really. I would really like to be updated a little more regularly about the actions of Symphony X in the recording phase. Compared to other bands, Symphony X is so far behind in this information age where bands are always letting fans know whats happening. Jax, I don't blame you at all and know that you're doing your best, but we need to talk directly to the band/label and get something!!!

good lord you guys are pathetic, like little kids on a trip... "daddy, are we there yet"... "daddy, how much longer before we get there ?"

Its their way, its the labels way, it is what ever it is, deal with it, it will be here when it arrives... duh !

AbeSimpson.png

good lord you guys are pathetic, like little kids on a trip... "daddy, are we there yet"... "daddy, how much longer before we get there ?"

This is where Symphony X is behind compared to other bands. With a lot of other bands/artists we get in the studio footage, backstage videos, insights about what's happening on a weekly basis, and dvds of how the recording process went. With Symphony X, we get the smallest of updates every couple of months.

There are smaller indie bands who make almost no money that buy a $150 pocket digital cam that records in 720p and they record all the stuff they're doing in the recording stuff and other stuff and post it up on youtube. Fans love this! I enjoy a lot of the videos! Look at Dream Theater! They've created a whole economy for this! And it gets more people interested in the band. I am really curious how the band records or even makes the beautiful songs they make!

This is more of a plea than a complaint really. I would really like to be updated a little more regularly about the actions of Symphony X in the recording phase. Compared to other bands, Symphony X is so far behind in this information age where bands are always letting fans know whats happening. Jax, I don't blame you at all and know that you're doing your best, but we need to talk directly to the band/label and get something!!!

Symphony X doesn't have to be at the same speed "as other bands"... Each band has their own creative process.. They are making this music for us and every couple weeks we don't have some information we all start bitching... Who gives a fuck!?! THEY ARE RECORDING!! Be fucking grateful it's not like after The Odyssey where we have to wait 50 years before the next album.

Damn, this forum is maturing. it took 8 pages for canto to start whining and undoubtedly for jax to come in and tell everyone to play nice :lol:

:tickled: !!!

Seriously, who does he think they are, Justin Bieber?

I kind of stopped caring about updates since they're so few and far between. I guess that's what happens when you get a life.

Pretty much. maybe if romeo had a twitter account he could release things like "Got my new rackmount tuner in the mail. It's siiiiick" followed by 3 comments of "omg sweet! now your guitar will be in tune!"

Eyeballkid said:
Proof positive of the uselessness of constant multimedia over-saturation.

Nobody is talking about Twitter. At least what I have seen is serious talk of real behind-the-scenes content to see how the guys actually go about doing their thing in the studio. I have said before that I would pay for that kind of content from the band. You guys think that this kind of thing wasn't done in the 70s and 80s?

Symphony X doesn't have to be like "other bands" or whatever, but the more their brand gets out there, that means bigger productions and more frequent tours for the rest of us to enjoy. It's not about inane fanboyism. I'm the last person to buy into hype and marketing, but to pretend like people don't want to see the faces and personalities behind the CDs they listen to is equally naive.

I think you guys look way to much into the wanting updates bit, I fail to see how someone taking interest in a band and its announcements is considered childish or not having a life. But I digress!

Oh and twitter is lame, biggest piece of garbage ever.

And same here, I have really stopped caring. Because if absolutely zero updates and constant promises for an update is what it takes the band to release the best music they got, I'm okay with that haha!

I do hope they take care of a live DVD for the next album though. We are about 10 years overdue!