News about the CD

I fail to see how someone taking interest in a band and its announcements is considered childish or not having a life. But I digress!

The difference is betwen having an interest in updates and being childishly nagging about it

Alright I have come to my conclusion, Michael Romeo is making a mathematical equation that will make coming up with the most amazing riffs of all time 100x easier, and Russell Allen is temporarily in heaven where he is looking down form ethereal skies, writing the lyrics to this record with Angels and the greatest lyricists of all time, no wonder this is such a secretive recording process... it all makes sense now, doesn't it? :Spin:

As I recall the last "news" was they just started lyrics and thus applying and fitting the vocals, I sure as hell hope people dont think thats a quick walk in the park.

Frankly I was surprised to find out they did it this way as it seems to me this could require altering the arrangements as the full picture begins to take shape, no doubt an extensive process at the level progressive bands take their music to.

As I recall Black Sabbath wrote Ironman in somewhere around 5 minutes, hopefully this is not the type of music progheads are looking for.

While painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, the Pope asked Michelangelo how long until it was finished; to which the brilliant artist replied, "When it is finished". :Spin:

On a more primitive scale... ages ago I labored for block masons, carrying blocks all day. I would ask how many courses to the top of the foundation because I knew that only then the grueling day would be near over. The only reply I got was "to the top"... yep, they were long days, I have since grown up, in part due to this basic understanding of life.

As I recall Black Sabbath wrote Ironman in somewhere around 5 minutes

That explains a lot...but I still blame Jim Morrison for all of the lyrics of metal as a genre. :bah:

Alright I have come to my conclusion, Michael Romeo is making a mathematical equation that will make coming up with the most amazing riffs of all time 100x easier, and Russell Allen is temporarily in heaven where he is looking down form ethereal skies, writing the lyrics to this record with Angels and the greatest lyricists of all time, no wonder this is such a secretive recording process... it all makes sense now, doesn't it? :Spin:

Fuckin knew it....

No wonder why it has been taking so long and it's been so secretive. :headbang::headbang:

As I recall Black Sabbath wrote Ironman in somewhere around 5 minutes, hopefully this is not the type of music progheads are looking for.

Why does that make it any less iconic? Honestly, sometimes genius comes from hard work and labor and sometimes it's born from spontaneity. Black Sabbath wrote some of the genres best and (quite obviously) most defining albums. I'm not even a huge fan of Ozzy's vocals, but can you honestly deny the riffs?

Agree on spontanious

Disagree on Ironman being iconic, it made me want to kill myself after playing it IIRC around the 5th time, it was a fresh "radio hit" at that time.

I'll give the mid bridge credit and the rest of the album excluding the vocal tone. I picked that example of spontanious due to my feelings about Ironman being one of the worst most successful songs ever. A main riff more painful than Smoke on the Water.

Shameless bragging rights - I was the one that turned everyone (that mattered) in school on to Black Sabbath after recording their self titled from RPI's radio station. Was a memorable moment hearing them the first time, out of the clear blue. That was a time when I was on top of things like so many of you guys are today. I used to love that tape but eventually got sick of Ozzys voice, today I cant stomach it for even more reasons than just the tone.

But yeah, I do hear ya Zach

Still "Ironman" ? Slap me senseless