News about the CD

Trust me there was alot better music to listen to in 71 than Ironman, including songs by Black Sabbath, my opinion of course but I've had it for decades... the worst bias in the world.

I always thought Sabbath was better with Dio, and I'm not just saying that because he's passed on. The songs were better written, more exciting, and the vocals were obviously far better than Ozzy's drug-addled voice. Give me "Falling Off the Edge of the World" or "The Sign of the Southern Cross" or "Children of the Sea" over any of the Ozzy-era stuff. Although "Into the Void" was pretty good.

The Detective is correct.

However, denying the legendary Ozzy-era Sabbath is just silly. Iron Man (and a good majority of early Sabbath) is metal history, regardless of the simplicity of some of the monstrously effective riffs. Metal was bred on tone and overall feeling, not technical wizardry.

Yes, like the overall feeling involved with the vocals exactly following the riff... sweet !

My point has been taken so far out of context in regards to SX poping out the next CD pronto on command I just dont know what to think.

Isn't this thread about Symphony X? : P

If they intend to tour later this year, how far in advance do they have to book a venue?

this gives me an idea, I can take the track and cut everything out but the instrumental section and have a tolerable track I dont have to skip over

Symphony X When Nuclear Blast USA (our new label) reaches 20K fans, they'll be giving one of these prize packs to three lucky followers..check them out! And stay tuned for a news update, (finally!) coming soon.

Taken from the SymphonyX facebook page.......can't confirm or deny

very important key words there, "new label" "Nuclear Blast"... that is the answer to all current question regarding this topic

Nuclear Blast is awesome! I think they will bring Symphony X to a new level in popularity. Let's pray that's a good thing. lol. Please don't let their sound change into all those other bands.

ROFL

I also hate the Smoke on the Water riff. I cannot make it through that song... nor Ironman. Terrible.

I also hope that NB does not change SX's direction... unless, of course, they are avid V fans :p

Hey, some songs just don't click with people, I personally don't like any Sabbath w/o Dio, crazy me :loco:

I also hope that NB does not change SX's direction... unless, of course, they are avid V fans
If anything NB will promote Symphony X decently.......but I don't think they'll say "Hey you need to make all future albums in the vein of PL alright?", They suggest that they're huge fans of SX on their website, so they'll probably let the band do its thing.