News about the CD

its all about anticipation, who the hell wants lots of spoilers, much better to just wait till they say... hey its done, release date is _______

I'm going to assume you mean 'the rush" and simply state that some people want news, and some just want the surprise as its released. Its personal preference

Certainly don't want SX to rush though,nobody in the right set of mind wants that.

wow, I made the safest statement about an update as I physically could, and still got bashed for it, Yay Internet! Are you telling me you can't write a song and have a title for it BEFORE all the instruments are tracked? Just an "update"..... y'know, a sentence describing how far along they are? Don't have to hide it children you know you wish for some piece on information too....and if you don't you don't need to flame those who are anxious.

but you did answer my question very much so about "high hopes" :D
ok so I understand they're not as far along as I might have suspected, I get it

[ btw I already pre-ordered, couldn't pass up on such a deal. I got the digi-pack with subscription to "17" magazine aswell.]

This was uncalled for. Last I checked, this thread was titled "News about the new cd". Is it wrong for us to ask if there's any NEWS? No, it's not.

So stop comparing anyone who asks if there's going to be an update to a whiny girl. kthxbai

Don't pay any attention to the "look-at-me-I'm-so-calm-and-disinterested-I-don't-even-care" crowd. They do this all the time and say that people who ask about news don't have lives, but then what does that make the people who troll the fans looking for updates? They're the real losers with no lives.

Seriously, you guys suck. This has got to be the worst official fan site crowd of anything I've ever seen. If you don't want news, then stfu and go sit in the corner. Stop trolling fans of the band. If you were trolling fans of mine on my official site, I'd ban you or tell you to take a hike. You can troll me all you want, but people who come to my official site asking about my stuff...that's what it's there for.

Fine, the band isn't doing a bi-weekly video blog about the album. I am ok with that. I get that they aren't going to tweet their bowel movements. Nobody is asking for that. I'm fine even if they don't do any more updates pre-release. But this is still the official site where if anywhere, people are supposed to be getting excited about this album, and all it takes is a friendly suggestion to read over the past updates or to at least be polite to your fellow fans. If MJR wants to sign on personally and tell me to STFU, fine, I'll take it from him. But seriously...people are anxious to hear what is in progress for an album they are highly anticipating which will be a big part of their musical life for a while (shit, I still listen to stuff Symphony X recorded over a decade ago), and this is the band's official site...take your trolling and shove it. Leave us alone, go post in the other forums if you are soooooooo chill and don't care about Symphony X updates, and maybe...get a life?

This has got to be the worst official fan site crowd of anything I've ever seen.

Owwww... :(

Newest update sounds promising. When was the last time I bought a fresh release? 2004? Eh heh heh... :popcorn:

@ batera

Nice timing. Also, the most frequent posters on this forum don't even listen to Symphony X on a regular basis so that's why they troll the members who actually want to hear new things about the new Symphony X cd. They don't think it's important. Just ignore them honestly.. it's not worth it to feed them.

We are fans of SX and other bands. And we've got other things in common.

If we're trolls, it's because we view the others as one dimensional personalities. Maybe I don't speak for my friends, but that's how I see it.

Ken's right. I love symphony x, listened to them for the last 10 years of my life, been a member of this forum for about seven, met awesome people from here in real life and made many close friends. The reason WE bitch is because the whining about updates is annoying, juvenile, and unnecessary. Updates come when they come, and in fact, TheRelic proved exactly why updates are terrible. Give the people a bit of news and they bitch more about what's been accomplished so far.

I'm looking forward to this album in due time, but until the release date is a month away or so, there's enough other great stuff to keep me occupied.

Zach is dead-on.

When the album lands, I'm sure it will own all over the place and I'll want to talk about it. In the meantime, there's a lot of other great music out there that's a better use of my time listening to and talking about than bitching about when SX's new album will come out.

It's like being on a road trip: Instead of whining 'Are we there yet?' every mile, shut the fuck up and enjoy the scenery.

can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

Really, people have apposing views, lets all just try to pretend that we like each other, eh? No more hype, no more complaining...for at least a few months :loco:

Zach is dead-on.
It's like being on a road trip: Instead of whining 'Are we there yet?' every mile, shut the fuck up and enjoy the scenery.

I think this analogy would work better if there was more scenery to watch :B

More scenery would make these forums worth coming to, I find it hard to believe anyone enjoys the lack of 'scenery' when the forum is crowded with so many Hitlers, its impossible to discuss your likes, opinions, dreams, album updates, or even what you ate for breakfast without being judged by someone who clearly thinks they are of a higher power than you. I've been greeted friendlier at a funeral!

Agreed with proulxski. Playing along with that cute analogy, there really is no "scenery" to keep us at bay.

Let's be honest. The reason why Symphony X doesn't do the whole keep the fans up to date at least in a regular fashion instead of 3 months between each one is that they're old. They're OLD! THEY'RE ALL LIKE WHAT? OVER 40!!! I mean, how many over 40 year olds do you know of that can use the computer very well? My Mom can but that's because all she does is email and excel, whenever theres something else she IMMEDIATELY calls me.

Mom: Yousef, come up here!!! Quick it's an emergency!!!!!!
Me: -Runs upstairs as fast as he can!- Yeah Mom?
Mom: Oh hey yousef.. yeah for some reason I seem to have misplaced the yknow... um what's it called? That black thing that is kind of pointy that lets me press stuff on the screen? Yeah that thing.
Me: You mean................ the mouse pointer?
Mom: YEAH!! THAT'S IT!!!! I lost it! Where can I find it or what button do I press to bring it up?
Me: -Swipes finger over touchpad-
Mom: OH! THERE IT IS! Thanks Yousef, what would I do without my computer genius in the house? :)