News about the CD

Yep, that's correct. You own the disc itself and the rights to play the content stored on it, but the rights TO the content are reserved, typically owned by the record label.

Same with LPs and MP3s. I just like having a physical object rather than 1's and 0's. While the past decade was the 'information age', cash (in this sense, a physical item) is still king.

Yep, that's correct. You own the disc itself and the rights to play the content stored on it, but the rights TO the content are reserved, typically owned by the record label.

Same with LPs and MP3s. I just like having a physical object rather than 1's and 0's. While the past decade was the 'information age', cash (in this sense, a physical item) is still king.

I think unfortunately you missed it again...you only do own 1's and 0's effectively. You just choose to store it on a plastic circular object that is read by a laser on your component player.

Frankly, I rather have all my CDs archived so I can burn CDs or whatever format is needed (I just need bit-for-bit complete backups).

All of my music is FLAC basically because storage is cheap and there is no reason to lose bits on high quality mp3s (192 and above). I also need tagging in order to organize which is why raw WAVs are not ideal.

Back to the original post from February; glad to finally have an update. Disappointed it has been so long and that things aren't as far along as earlier updates made it sound, but progress is going on, so I eagerly await the next masterpiece from the greatest prog band that ever lived. Congratulations to Rullo and Allen for the family growth. I guess this explains part of the delay in getting the album done, and rightfully so! Great news for you guys!!! Thanks for allowing us to share in your joy. Hope they inherit you guys' extreme talents. I'm willing to wait a whole 'nother year in order to get the quality SX always sends our way. I'd rather have that than a hastily thrown together copy of a previous release, like some bands do. I won't name names, but one particular band I'm referring to starts with a "K" and usually has something with wings on its album cover. LOL 'Nuff said? ;)

"Allen has finished recording his vocal tracks and the band is moving on to record keyboards, bass, and guitar solos."

Is this stating that they are recording the solos for keyboard, bass, and guitars, rather than everything for keyboards and bass, and just the solos for guitars? I sure hope so.

FWIW, most of the things you are criticizing/citing as examples actually have nothing to do with the number of tracks used to record.

Yeah, you're right. I apologize and will try to make my posts less stupid and more coherent in the future. I'm not a hater, I just like certain things and have trouble articulating why. And sometimes that leads me to complain about things I don't understand. :err:

Im just anxiously waiting for this new album to hit shelves so I can confine myself away from the world for 40+ minutes; and in my solitude, absorb every single guitar riff, drum beat, bass line, keyboard note, lyric, and any other ambient sound that divinely protrudes my ears...

soupnazi.jpg

No album for you! Come back in two years.