News from the melloboat!!

I really wish I had more control over my actions than I do. I had to listen to it. Now I'm annoyed my experience of this most awesome song was ruined by awful audio :p Still. I can't say I'm not thankful to whoever recorded this. Definitely an amazing track and it bodes extremely well for the rest of the album. Gotta say I love Per's work. Really came through clearly on this track. Oh, and does anyone know if it was Fredrik who pulled the godly solo around 2:30? Thought it had a different vibe compared to Mikael's usual style (for lack of better terms: too much really high-pitched stuff to be Mike), but then again Mike's never been a stranger to switching styles in Opeth :p

Awesome, awesome, awesome song, really makes me look forward to Watershed even more than I did previously. I was a bit worried that they might be going a bit too out there, but this recording really won back my confidence. Day one purchase guaranteed (again)

Yeah, I noticed that. I was kinda waiting for them to kick in, but he just kept on pounding out those growls. Didn't really bother me though and I usually prefer the clean segments. The brutality really hit home here.

Mike, the photographer. That's Bobbie to the left and Colin to the right and Lee Dorrian in the middle. Roger said that he really enjoyed the Opeth gig and he was VERY impressed by Axe's drumming. I think I saw Mike blush, but it could also have been the alcohol ;) His. Not mine.

mello_MG_0816.jpg

Haha love Mikes shirt. Lee Dorrians a pretty cool chap aswell, he was prolly there to see comus.

dont man.

i did and i wish i would have heard it for the first time at album quality. However, it was so fucking amazing it was worth it.

haha what?? "Don't listen to it, i wish i didnt, but i did and i dont regret it!"

Make any sense? I'm just busting your balls, i kinda know what you mean. I couldn't wait either. The quality wasn't too great, but i've definitely heard worse. The song absolutely obliterates though! Can anyone imagine what Jens must have done with that in the mix? Because i sure fucking can't. This album is going to take over my life.