News!!!

JesterOfDeath

AKA Addicted To Death
Nov 16, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.roomsevenstudios.com
From Bravewords.com:
"It has officially been announced that the two upcoming OPETH masterpieces, Deliverance (the heavy album) and Damnation (the mellow album), have been completed. Mainman Mikael Akerfeldt felt that there was more to say on this matter and decided to give BW&BK a further glimpse into the madness to come.
"We've been through hell and back," Mikael says with relief. "This is without a doubt the most gruesome recording process I've ever been part off. It almost killed me! Anyway, yes, you'll probably like D-1 if you switch to Death Metal mode as it's probably the most brutal music we've recorded. I don't know why really, it just got heavy as hell. Still we have more more mellow parts than I figured on the heavy album too, some Beatles 'Aaaah's' and some Scott Walker type vocals... it's fucking wierd, but I think I like it. I'm so godamn tired of music right now that I can't really say."
As for Damnation, the mellow album, Mikael had this to offer: "D-2 will be a very delicate and beautiful record I do believe. Steven Wilson (of PORCUPINE TREE fame) has really helped producing this and he plays some, a lot actually, mellotrons, fender rhoads etc. We have some percussion on the albums too. We really went over the top and just went completely nuts with everything. I just got home yesterday after 50 days in the studio so I gotta relax."

And i officially am tooooooo excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JesterOfDeath
Anyway, yes, you'll probably like D-1 if you switch to Death Metal mode as it's probably the most brutal music we've recorded. I don't know why really, it just got heavy as hell.
:D :D :D

it´s problably pretty wierd for them to be recording their heaviest and most mellow music in one run. Hmmm and some percussion, thats going to be cool... CAN´T WAIT AHAHAHAHHAHA

I wonder if D-1 will have blastbeats... that'd be very interesting. I'm sure Opeth could pull it off in the most rocking of ways!:cool:

As cool as D-1 sounds (who can deny the pleasure of "heavy as hell" death metal) I am extremely curious to hear D-2. I've really been digging PITI2 and SDBTS... This stands as potentially a milestone album for the band. Lets hope it's everything we've been expecting.