Next between-albums release?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
They always put out a release between albums. What could it be this time?

Logic says it has to be a new DVD this time, but for some reason COB seem blind to this possibility. I suggested they record a video for Halo of Blood filmed on a frozen lake, release it with the DVD, together with the Cruel Summer cover. They could call the DVD "Cold Summer" or whatever. Recently their live form has been great and it's sad not to see it getting eternalized on a proper DVD, like so many other bands do. Almost as bad as not recording a DVD in 2001. With this DVD they could release band rehearsals of rare songs that can't probably be played even on this live occasion. Also interview with Alexi looking back at their entire catalogue of albums.

I've discussed before the possible negative and positive effects of releasing a DVD. I believe if a person watches a live DVD and is impressed, it will arouse him to see them live as well. How could it be worse than making that decision based on crappy quality youtube videos? Are they really just saving money? I'd suggest to continue taking the art to the level where it belongs like they did with the Halo of Blood artwork, as last seen on Follow the Reaper. There has to be a quality guy who can deliver a good video for Halo of Blood, too. You make it once, it's out there forever. It's really a bummer how time and time again they let an idiot direct their song videos. Actually the last time they had fantasy elements on a video dates back to Blooddrunk and Smilex, and man that sucked so hard. Never let a woman do that shit again. Hire some horror movie director for this purpose. I can come up with better ideas any day: why not film ghettos for Shovel Knockout, why not film a night campfire for Roundtrip to Hell and Back... This doesn't even demand a considerable budget!

So, what's gonna be released next?

Fucking bananarama finally, i ask no more.

They should release the dvd that was meant to be originally released on 2001. Bonusmaterial could be sinergys unreleased album. And of course unreleased coversongs like banarama and alice coopers man behind the mask.

Either they're saving the Bananarama cover for the mid-release, or it sucked so hard. They acted as if they just forgot to release it. If it was intensely good, this would not have happened. It's a good song and if they make a cover, it should be done properly... It will be interesting to see if this DVD will be made.

I'm really surprised they didn't go in the snow (lake or forest) to film the Halo of Blood video. If I was in this band I wouldn't hesitate to go. Maybe there's too much concern of it turning out ridiculous. You need the right person to do such a piece of art.

I've discussed before the possible negative and positive effects of releasing a DVD. I believe if a person watches a live DVD and is impressed, it will arouse him to see them live as well. How could it be worse than making that decision based on crappy quality youtube videos? Are they really just saving money? I'd suggest to continue taking the art to the level where it belongs like they did with the Halo of Blood artwork, as last seen on Follow the Reaper. There has to be a quality guy who can deliver a good video for Halo of Blood, too. You make it once, it's out there forever. It's really a bummer how time and time again they let an idiot direct their song videos. Actually the last time they had fantasy elements on a video dates back to Blooddrunk and Smilex, and man that sucked so hard. Never let a woman do that shit again. Hire some horror movie director for this purpose. I can come up with better ideas any day: why not film ghettos for Shovel Knockout, why not film a night campfire for Roundtrip to Hell and Back... This doesn't even demand a considerable budget!

So, what's gonna be released next?

Well, if it's going to be a DVD (which I highly doubt, since they're so against it), the chances are pretty slim that they're going to film it at Lake Bodom. It probably won't be in Finland, because they said something about not wanting to be speaking English in their home country because it sounds retarded.

I actually think it might be the Cruel Summer cover...but then again, maybe you're right and it just turned out horrible, and that's why they "forgot" to release it and change the subject every time someone brings it up.

Maybe it's gonna be another EP... with one or two original COB songs, and that cover... It's now a year since the last album, so maybe next Fall...

The shitty thing about Trashed, Lost & Strungout was AYDY would've been a much stronger album if they saved that song + Knuckleduster for the album, would've been a lot of hits on one album, and less filling material. It's inevitable the next album would suffer with this strategy, as the pool of creativity isn't endless. Even on Halo of Blood there's not quite enough "greatness minutes" to call it a legendary album, as only the title track will remain on the set at the end. I say next time go with 8 songs and make sure they're treated like gods each.

I do not care what they release, but I would really appreciate if next time they come through Dallas they do it in the same show as Ghost. Because I can only afford one show in a six month period, and these two came separately within months of each other. Ok I know it is nothing like the same kind of metal, and thus fairly illogical to expect the two bands to get along. I mean COB is very riff-y, and Ghost is like the anti-riff. But I want to have my cake, and eat it too.

Oooo, hey does anyone else wonder what it would sound like if COB covered a Ghost song? Yeah, like 'if you have [Bodom], you have everything.'