next Maiden tour (Early Days part 2)

I don't know why, but for some reason youtube videos won't fucking play for me. :cry:

They recorded their headlining set at Donington for a DVD last night - can't remember the exact running order, but the set included...Children Of The Damned, The Number Of The Beast, Iron Maiden, Wrathchild, Run To The Hills, Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper, Fear Of The Dark, and probably a couple of others that have slipped my mind.

In other words, the same songs on every Maiden live release except COTD and the last album...give it a rest, unless you think AMOLAD is up there with the classics yet another completely inessential release. As far as a Powerslave/Seventh Son dominated tour goes...now we're fucking talking.

In other words, the same songs on every Maiden live release except COTD and the last album...give it a rest, unless you think AMOLAD is up there with the classics yet another completely inessential release. As far as a Powerslave/Seventh Son dominated tour goes...now we're fucking talking.

I do really like AMOLAD, and a couple of the tracks on it really do shine live (Different World and Brighter Than A Thousand Sons spring to mind) - but yeah, the rest of the set was pretty standard. Bruce was saying on stage that next year at some UK summer festival, they'll probably be doing Rime Of The Ancient Mariner live though.

Bruce was saying on stage that next year at some UK summer festival, they'll probably be doing Rime Of The Ancient Mariner live though.

*boner rising*

I'm sure they'll bring back "Revelations" too since they played that on the Give me Ed tour. Except this time it'd be nice to see Bruce wear his face mask and play guitar a la Live After Death. :D

It's quite reasonable to assume that the next Maiden tour could be their best since the 7th son tour. At least from a set list point of view. Perhaps even better since they're not distracted with anything previous to Powerslave.

Let's face it, the next Maiden tour is only playing material from their peak era. It could be the best Maiden set list of all time.

It will sell out in a matter of seconds.

In other words, the same songs on every Maiden live release except COTD and the last album...give it a rest, unless you think AMOLAD is up there with the classics yet another completely inessential release.

Exactly. They've already toured the new album over here where they played the WHOLE fucking thing, so I thought it was quite uneccessary to play a bunch more songs from it this time.

As Dill said, it was good but not fantastic. Plus I got really close to the front, where you pretty much just get crushed the whole time so that didn't exactly help.

I think Iron Maiden, Killers, and Piece Of Mind are their best albums, personally, which makes missing the first Early Days tour suck even more.

From the Early Days Tour (Holy shit does that crowd rule!):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J0R7eDAKayo

That's pretty magnificent, I must say. Bruce is in top form that night. :worship:

I like the editing on that footage too -- Maiden live videos would be so much better if they were edited like that, as opposed to their usual attention deficit jumpy jumpy epileptic monkey edits.

The US set list sucked because they only got one hour supporting Ozzy ...

That is why you needed to go to Toronto, Quebec City, or Denver on that tour. Those cities all had headlining 90+ minute sets. I saw the Denver show & one of the Ozzfest shows. Headlining show was so much better. :worship: I was right in front in Denver. Got one of Dave Murray's wristbands and guitar picks. :headbang:

Do they ever go to Seattle? I thought they followed a strict straight line from NY to LA, skipping everything in between.

I think that was only the "Dance of Death" tour. They did the NY & LA shows between Mexico/South America & Japan. They had already done a pretty thorough US tour that summer for the "Give Me Ed 'til I'm Dead" album/CD.

They usually hit Chicago or Detroit. Not as far for me to travel if they don't come to Minneapolis.

It's quite reasonable to assume that the next Maiden tour could be their best since the 7th son tour. At least from a set list point of view. Perhaps even better since they're not distracted with anything previous to Powerslave.

I heard that they were looking at doing the next 4 in their catalog. I heard that they were looking at "Powerslave", "Live After Death", "Somewhere In Time", & "Seventh Son". I'm assuming that they are including "LAD" so that they can play the older stuff if they want to.

I am looking forward to this tour. One of the first shows that I ever saw was the "Powerslave" tour. :headbang:

I heard that they were looking at doing the next 4 in their catalog. I heard that they were looking at "Powerslave", "Live After Death", "Somewhere In Time", & "Seventh Son". I'm assuming that they are including "LAD" so that they can play the older stuff if they want to.

Man, that would suck if they included Live After Death because, you know, it's pretty cheap if they were going to play Run to the Hills just because it's on LAD.

Next 4 in the catalog should be: Powerslave, SiT, 7th Son, and No Prayer. I'm ok with them playing a couple of tunes from No Prayer...like the title track. I suppose Tailgunner and Holy Smoke would be obligatory.