NFL 2016

Reactions: Dak
I agree with cf sort of. It's a weird sort of trade offer where the side offering is stupid and were the other side decide to accept it would have been dumb. A lose-lose.

I don't disagree with you. It probably would have destroyed the Eagles. However, if Mariota turned out to be a top 5 QB, it might have given them the centerpiece to win a title 3-8 years down the road.

Similarly, it probably would have been a grand theft for the Titians, but if Mariota turned out to be that elite QB, everyone involved in the trade would have never heard the end of it.

The problem is Kelly's scheme doesn't work at the NFL level, with or without Mariotta. I think they would have been the perennial 10-6 out-in-the-divisional-round-Eagles like under Reid at best if Mariotta were to prove to be that good. We will see if Kelly's learned anything in his new position. I think the guy is smart, I just think he has an ego that is a tad too big. He may prove to be the exception to the rule with high profile college coach jumps. His ego may be the thing that wills him to stay at this level and make the adjustments vs dropping back down like Saban etc.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
Guess who's back back back again?

wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

I remember having to close my eyes when I saw Watt barrelling down on Romo, and then subsequently shitting my pants. Smith looked so surprised that he continued to forget to block.

He did totally miss the other guy who came free on that play. There are a handful of plays I'll remember watching from Romo's career but this one is probably the best simply because he made the unanimous DPOY look ridiculous. Tyron had a pretty decent game otherwise. JJs stat line was a simple 4 solo tackles for the whole game.

Last edited:
Man, Elway is taking a page out of the Ozzie Newsome playbook this year. Use the good vibes from a SB win to cover gutting the roster. If it wasn't a sustainable roster then that's a very smart thing to do.

Supposedly another Dallas dlineman failed a drug test. It's fortunate for Dallas all the other teams in the division seem more poorly managed lol.

If the Eagles made that trade to get a QB with Bradford's contract on the books, lol. If not for a QB, even more lolz.

Bradford's contract is irrelevant. It's basically a one year deal. If you're trading all these picks for Wentz, then presumably you plan to have him around for a long time. I'm not crazy about the move, but I get it. Bradford ain't winning us a Super Bowl. That said, I'm not gonna pretend to be some expert on Wentz and Goff, but I haven't exactly got the impression that they were a Luck calliber prospect.

Bradford's contract is irrelevant. It's basically a one year deal. If you're trading all these picks for Wentz, then presumably you plan to have him around for a long time. I'm not crazy about the move, but I get it. Bradford ain't winning us a Super Bowl. That said, I'm not gonna pretend to be some expert on Wentz and Goff, but I haven't exactly got the impression that they were a Luck calliber prospect.

I thought it was kind of funny, the irony between what Chip was fired for and now what the Eagles are doing with new management/coaching staff. I thought the Eagles had problems all over too, not just an ~avg-ish QB