NFL 2016

Bradford is good enough to compete with on a solid team with good coaching. The jury is out on the new coach and the Eagles have issues all over the roster. The surest way to spend that pick is on Tunsil, but not for what they had to give up to get there. That's a QB hunting trade.

Edit: I'm as curious as to why the Panthers dropped the franchise tag for Norman as I am as to whether Dallas will make a play for him.

Last edited:
I thought it was kind of funny, the irony between what Chip was fired for and now what the Eagles are doing with new management/coaching staff. I thought the Eagles had problems all over too, not just an ~avg-ish QB

They certainly have a number ot holes- CB, WR, OL, G and to a lesser degree OT and RB (not immediate needs, but impending needs). That's why I don't like the trade. Giving up three high picks for Wentz is just a massive risk. It's boom-bust for the entire franchise. If he's not a top 10 QB in 3-4 years, we're sunk. It also means we HAVE to hit on next year's 2nd and 2018's 1st. We've just given up a lot of resources.

All that said, I get it. Without an elite QB, your franchise is virtually hopeless.

They certainly have a number ot holes- CB, WR, OL, G and to a lesser degree OT and RB (not immediate needs, but impending needs). That's why I don't like the trade. Giving up three high picks for Wentz is just a massive risk. It's boom-bust for the entire franchise. If he's not a top 10 QB in 3-4 years, we're sunk. It also means we HAVE to hit on next year's 2nd and 2018's 1st. We've just given up a lot of resources.

All that said, I get it. Without an elite QB, your franchise is virtually hopeless.

The new head coach has to love it because it provides a certain level of job security. If the team struggles in the first few years, it "isn't his fault", plus Lurie would be shy about pulling the coaching rug out from under the new QB. If I'm a QB though I'm not happy about the offensive line situation. 18th last year in pass protection, and Johnson and Kelce are the only decent players on the line that will most likely be around for 3-4 years. Peters will be on the decline, although they may be able to get some more years out of him moving him inside to guard. Depends on how much he wants to keep playing.

Peters is still good when healthy, but he's bery injury prone at this point. OL is a concern, no doubt. I expect that's where they go in the 3rd or 4th. The good thing is finding starting guards in mid rounds is not unreasonable.

I understand all the reasons for not going RB in the first, but looking at the question marks surrounding a lot of the "top" players on D in the draft, as well as the defensive depth in the draft, I think at this point I'd be happiest seeing Elliot at #4, if Dallas doesn't trade back. He'd be the best favor they could do the defense imo. If McChickenlegs can get over 1k yards behind that line with no QB and not even starting for some of the year, what could a balanced back do?

Not to mention how much it would help Romo. I really hope you guys dont get him

I also think it would be a smart move to trade up and get the best receiver in the draft - Corey Coleman

Last edited:
Giants sure do love them some Elis.

So as per the DC press conference: Elliot was Garrett's pick all the way, and the rest of the coaches/FO joined in agreement as the process went on. He wanted to keep Murray but Stephen and Co didn't want to pay age on a RB. But Stephen said they believe the first contract is the best value on a RB (duh) so they felt comfortable spending the pick on Elliot (insinuated vs paying Murray).

They also tried to trade up to take Paxton Lynch but the Broncos made the trade. Lookin more like it's gonna be DAK TIME lol

Lookin more like it's gonna be DAK TIME lol

Profile on Dak

Pros
  • Possesses every intangible you could ever want. Mentally tough, physical, fearless, vocal leader, intense, smart, leader
  • Strong arm. Can drive it outside the numbers and fit ball into tight windows
  • Highly athletic. Can move the chains, evade the rush and push the pile with his legs
  • Compact throwing motion. Over the top release, ball comes out hot
  • Throws a nice deep ball. Simple flick of the wrist gives him plenty of distance
  • Gives his playmakers chances to make plays. Strong back-shoulder and jump ball game
  • Sharp ball placement. Throws the ball where only his guy has a chance
  • High football IQ and understanding of offensive and defensive schemes. Able to make pre-snap adjustments and audibles
  • Athleticism opens up playbook for QB powers and spread-option variations
  • Career high 66.2 completion percentage in '15
Cons
  • Underdeveloped as drop back passer. Has poor feel for timing routes and movement through progressions
  • Struggled mightily on obvious passing downs and when run-game was taken away
  • Footwork breaks down upon pressure
  • Quick to pull his eyes down, look at the rush and abandon the pocket
  • Doesn't move defenders with eyes
  • Almost too careful with the ball. Waits too long for receivers to run wide open
  • No experience taking ball out from center. Will need to learn NFL style offense, timing, progressions and option-routes
  • Arrested for DUI in March of '16. Involved in spring break fight in March '15, leaving him badly bruised

Profile on Dak

Pros
  • Possesses every intangible you could ever want. Mentally tough, physical, fearless, vocal leader, intense, smart, leader
  • Strong arm. Can drive it outside the numbers and fit ball into tight windows
  • Highly athletic. Can move the chains, evade the rush and push the pile with his legs
  • Compact throwing motion. Over the top release, ball comes out hot
  • Throws a nice deep ball. Simple flick of the wrist gives him plenty of distance
  • Gives his playmakers chances to make plays. Strong back-shoulder and jump ball game
  • Sharp ball placement. Throws the ball where only his guy has a chance
  • High football IQ and understanding of offensive and defensive schemes. Able to make pre-snap adjustments and audibles
  • Athleticism opens up playbook for QB powers and spread-option variations
  • Career high 66.2 completion percentage in '15

I love all this except the move the pile type stuff. He isn't Cam Newton sized, and that part of his game needs to go away except on like 4th and inches or goal and inches.

Cons
  • Underdeveloped as drop back passer. Has poor feel for timing routes and movement through progressions
  • Struggled mightily on obvious passing downs and when run-game was taken away
  • Footwork breaks down upon pressure
  • Quick to pull his eyes down, look at the rush and abandon the pocket
  • Doesn't move defenders with eyes
  • Almost too careful with the ball. Waits too long for receivers to run wide open
  • No experience taking ball out from center. Will need to learn NFL style offense, timing, progressions and option-routes

Most of these are problems for every QB coming out of college thanks to the ubiquitous spread option. Which is why sitting on the bench a few years is important and now is the time to sit someone behind Romo.

Jaylon Smith is another "cute" pick in the 2nd round by the Cowboys. Guess time will tell. Lot of buzz about Dallas taking Dak with the next pick (3rd pick of the 4th). As long as it isn't fucking Cook.