NHL 2014

FOOK YEAH Bs in OT!

Down two early then took over...gutsy comeback. Yes Rask has some horses in front of him, but man is he real good! Amazing in the first and had a huge save on a break away in the OT. Guy just doesnt get rattled.

The Ducks better fucking win this series. You can tell by watching that they're twice the team Dallas is, and Dallas is basically Benn, Seguin, Lehtonen, and the goon line (Garbutt, Roussel, Eakin).

GO DUCKS! FINISH THIS UP SUNDAY IN FRONT OF THOSE HICKS!

The Ducks had the easiest matchup in the west by far. They could have done themselves a big favor by getting out of that series in 5 games. They'll win, but the next round will be tough.

I actually love the new playoff format. What do you guys think? My only concern is that it might unfairly reward strong teams that play in a crappy division more than an ordinary seeding would. There seemed to be a fair amount of balance this year, but it might be an issue in the future.

The ultimate situation for all playoffs is that the top seed chooses their opponent, and then the next chooses and so on. It would add so much more drama to 1-8 and 2-7 matchups. No league has the balls to do it. It would be great in the NBA especially. But the current NHL setup is going to establish so many great rivalries that it's hard to complain. Chicago, STL and Colorado are going to have a ton of battles over the next few years. Ducks, Kings, Sharks will also.

Aside from that, I don't get why some of you hate Toews, other than that he's good and plays for a rival team. He's a super boring personality, sure, but he's a clean player that does nothing to agitate anyone, and he takes a ton of shit from the opposition. His mental toughness and makeup is ideal for a team captain. He just wins, but he won't ever put up flashy numbers. Probably will never score more than 35 goals a year. I get why people don't like Kane, because he's flashy and likes to celebrate and parties pretty hard off the ice. I'm worried Toews may not have a long career. He gets targeted and has had a few big concussions already. Seems like he is one hit away from Crosby territory where he goes away for a long time.

Fuck it. I have no idea why it seems to be that the Rangers are gonna have to go the 7th game again. Seriously the stats against Philly through these years are really good were Rangers have been dominating. But when it comes to playoffs it's pretty much W, L, W, L, W, L, W... Getting really tired of this. Would it have been against Boston/Detroit/Pittsburgh then fine but against a mediocre team like Flyers....? Hell no.

10299552_627144354044184_8013389517174332592_n.jpg

Second best goal so far in this playoff. Hard to beat Landeskog's goal.

Toews is not a clean player. his stick work is magical. Dude gets away with it constantly
If Kane was on a different team I'd love him.
Blues need to win in Chicago or the city is going to rip that team. It will not be pretty.

A guy from the LetsGoBlues forum posted this.

2013 Round 1 Blues vs. Kings
Game 1: Alex Steen scores game-winning goal in OT.
Game 2: Barret Jackman scores game-winning goal.
Game 3: Blues outshoot Kings by nine, get shut out.
Game 4. Blues blow late 3-2 lead, lose 4-3.
Game 5: Alex Pietrangelo scores game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Jaden Schwartz), Blues lose 3-2 in OT.
Game 6: Blues lose 2-1, eliminated from playoffs.

2014 Round 1 Blues vs. Blackhawks
Game 1: Steen scores game-winning goal in OT.
Game 2: Jackman scores game-winning goal.
Game 3: Blues outshoot Blackhawks by nine, get shut out.
Game 4: Blues blow late 3-2 lead, lose 4-3.
Game 5: Pietrangelo scores game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Schwartz), Blues lose 3-2 in OT.
Game 6: ???

That is weird, it's a just coincidence but still strange though. Who knows maybe they'll change the script next game.

Heartbreaking losses for the Blues. I'm optimistic about the next one though. And yeah the Blackhawks are dirty pieces of shit.

So Habs/Bruins in the Conference Semis. Damn that series is going to be Nasty/Dirty. Gonna be tight as hell especially if the Habs can keep running 4 lines who can score.

I'm going to say Habs in 7 in an extremely hard fought series!

That series could go in so many different directions. I've been pulling for the habs because they're the only team left in the east that can take out Boston.

It's also amazing to see how close every series is, even the Kings are digging their way out of their 3-0 hole. I doubt they'll be the next team to do it but it's cool to see them atleast make a series out of it.

I like the Bs over Habs, think they are the more complete team and Rask is in great form. They can wear down teams in a possible long series. If they stay on their game and dont get caught up in all the extra bullshit and antics (easier said than done when facing Montreal), i could see it done in 6.