NHL 2014

A Blues lets try and win the Cup now trade...maybe. Still dont think this puts them over some other West conf teams. Is Miller still the elite type goaltender we are use to? Hate but love Ott. Wouldve loved him as a Bruin. He brings so much intangible leadership shit to the table. Hapless Buff played the Bs the other nite and Ott played like it was game 7 of the Cup...killed it. Love that shit.

It will be interesting to see how Miller performs in the playoffs with a better team in front of him and a lot more pressure. Not to say the Sabs never put a good team in front of him. It's just different now, the Blues have a legitimate chance to make shit happen in the playoffs. I hope he does well but not too well you know? ;)

It's good too see Buffalo finally let him go and give his career a second chance.

A bad goalie, a bad player, a maybe good LW'r in 3-4 years in Carrier, a 25-30 1st round pick in '15 and maybeeee a 1st rounder(25-30) in 14 for top5 goalie on the season and Ott who is definitely better than Stewart.

Yeah you're smoking reefer

That is what I'm talking about 1 first rounder and Possibly a second? Way too much for a goalie who's probably not even going to resign with the Blues after the year is over. And Halak a bad goalie? 8th in wins, 9th in GAA and 14th in save percentage. Hardly anything bad in those. To be honest, I don't think Miller is gonna do that great with the Blues.

Stewart was what playing on a 3rd line? You're not gonna do much offense playing on a 3rd line. Give him more ice and he'll most likely put up the numbers, because you guys mostly forget about 4 years ago he had 28 goals and 36 assists in 77 games with Colorado, as a top 2 line forward. Then the following season between the blues and Avalanche he put up 28 goals again and added 25 assists in 62 games. And last year 18 goals and 18 assists in 48 games. Those are not even close to bad numbers. Any team would trade for this guy.

So what are you smoking.

Miller and Ott are both UFAs after this season I'm pretty sure, so they're probably both rentals anyways. The Blues are going all in for a deep playoff run but I doubt it will ultimately produce the result Blues fans are hoping for.

Edit: Meant to say Ott not Stewart.

If you think Stewart is even a decent player, you havent watched the Blues at all.
He is the laziest player on the team. Doesnt hit, doesnt make plays, doesnt play D. He is awful.

I'm excited to see what Rangers will get for Callahan.. But I'm worried that there's a big chance that it will be a package deal.

That is what I'm talking about 1 first rounder and Possibly a second? Way too much for a goalie who's probably not even going to resign with the Blues after the year is over. And Halak a bad goalie? 8th in wins, 9th in GAA and 14th in save percentage. Hardly anything bad in those. To be honest, I don't think Miller is gonna do that great with the Blues.

ESPN has released the conditions on the trade, so;

We get the Blues '14 1st rounder if Miller resigns/Blues reach WCFinals this season. If this happens, we get their '14 first rounder, they get the Minnesota Wild 2nd rounder we have and our 3rd rounder next season, so in reality, we moved up 10-15 spots from the Wild pick so the Blues didn't lose necessarily that much.

Everyone who says Halak is a good goalie goes off these stupid stats. Halak did have that one good post season in Montreal, but he's nothing. What did Slovakia do with him in net this Olympics? What have the Blues done with him or Elliot in net? Yes he has good stats, but he also has a top3 offense in front of him and I think top5 defense in front of him, so really, what goalie could fail?

So two first round picks for an elite goalie who has proven he can carry an NHL team as well as an Olympic team, when the Blues are desperate for a Cup. Their roster isn't getting any better, it's stacked, their only weakness is a 2nd/3rd line center and an elite goalie, and they got one of that. A top tier center is going to cost too damn much so I doubt they can make that move this season.

Stewart was what playing on a 3rd line? You're not gonna do much offense playing on a 3rd line. Give him more ice and he'll most likely put up the numbers, because you guys mostly forget about 4 years ago he had 28 goals and 36 assists in 77 games with Colorado, as a top 2 line forward. Then the following season between the blues and Avalanche he put up 28 goals again and added 25 assists in 62 games. And last year 18 goals and 18 assists in 48 games. Those are not even close to bad numbers. Any team would trade for this guy.

So what are you smoking.

Stewart got demoted to the third line, by rookies and young kids, it's not like it wasn't his fault. Yeah 4 years ago he had one good season, and since then hasn't done much. He is Brad Boyes 2.0.

I hope we do trade Stewart, I hear rumors of a Moulson/Stewart package to Ottawa so I am excited for that, but I don't really want him on the Sabres since he will be over 30 when we have a realistic competitive roster.

So Ott for Stewart/Carrier and Miller for possible two first round picks and Halak. Blues win huge.

Pens got humiliated last night in Chicago. The only goal they had was a Chi player shooting it into his own net. This team is too fucked up mentally for another cup. They had a lot of problems before the Olympic break and I think that whole situation just made everything worse and Chicago might be unbeatable. I see another playoff meltdown happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Bruins are sucking ass now too. Olympics came at the wrong time...they were red hot going into break. Damn it! They need a lil shake up, a D-man w a lil grit would be nice.