NHL 2014

Looks like the Blues are going all in for a Stanley Cup. I hope they face the Kings in the playoffs again. :lol:

Whats up with Vancouver and Luongo? I don't follow the Canucks closely but sitting Luongo for the Heritage classic against the Senators is a big insult.

Opinions on Ryan Kesler anyone? He's been with the Canucks for years now but he could legitimately be traded to the Pens before the deadline. Judging by his numbers he would probably be a wonderful addition.

He's a beast. What would the pens have to give up? Seems like they don't have much to give away unless they want to dump Neal and Bennet/Depres and a 1st rounder...or ditch malkin? I don't think you can have Kesler taking 12-15 minutes a night

He's a beast. What would the pens have to give up? Seems like they don't have much to give away unless they want to dump Neal and Bennet/Depres and a 1st rounder...or ditch malkin? I don't think you can have Kesler taking 12-15 minutes a night

Well according to this article....

Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin, the sources said.

Yeah I was just dicking around reading on it, I don't know it's so much to give up for him, and I see some Pen fans want him on 1st line RW with Crosby, but other than that a 5mil 3rd line center is kind of silly..huge trade for both teams, I don't think their problems are that though, still a big ? on Fleury yet again

He would be a third line center which is what the Pens need. I've been saying trade Malkin, Letang, and Fluery for years now. Unfortunately that will never happen though. The pens have had a team good enough to win a cup for years now but ever since those back to back trips to the finals they haven't been the same. Crosby could seriously go the rest of his career without ever winning another cup. I thought that nightmare of a series with the flyers two seasons ago would have been the wake up call the organization needed but I think everyone knows what happened the next season.

The East sucks so hard compared to the West. As long as Crosby is playing they have a decent chance to get to the finals. Boston seems to be the only other competent franchise in the conference right now. Too many of the teams think you can win with physical play. It takes four lines that can score.

The Wings might not be an elite team now, and may not be for a few years, but to call them an incompetent franchise is laughable. They're clearly in a transition period, but when you lose the second best defenseman of all time and another two good defensemen in Rafalski and Stuart the team is going to have a period of being less good than previous.

They have young players that are making an impact NOW, and have young players that will be ready to make an impact in the next few years.

Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, DeKeyser, and Jurco are all contributing now.

This coming off season we will hopefully be unloading Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Eaves, and Quincey leaving room for either a UFA guy or another young gun or two to come up.

Teams that built for the long haul are going to have dips at times, but the Wings ARE competently run.

You're right, I forgot they were in the East now. I expect them to be near the top pretty soon again.

Wings could easily play possum and surface with a nice playoff run...especially being in the East at this time. Montreal gives the Bruins fits and the Bs match up well against the Pens. Who knows nothing surprises me these days. Look at the Kings run a cpl years ago. That said, if the Bs can pull-off the right trade, they could be the team.