NHL 2014

What trade didn't get done? The Kesler one anddddd? Luongo trade was huge, Habs getting Vanek is huge, tons of small good trades out there that made a lot of teams a helluva lot better.

Luongo trade was yesterday, I'm only talking about today's trades. Brodeur wasn't traded, Ehrhoff wasn't traded, and the returns for Moulson and Vanek were for a lot less than expected. I just think it's a boring deadline, that doesn't mean there were a bunch of bad deals or anything.

Yeah it's weird he had everything a player could want in Tampa and he demanded a trade.

Gaborik was just traded to LA and the Pens just picked up two forwards. I haven't checked them out yet. I'm still hoping for Kesler though. 15 minutes left.

More that we gave up Callahan + 1st round + 2nd round. I think it's overpriced to pay a mid-aged player + 1st round for someone who is 38 years old. Even if he puts up a lot of points you don't know how his chemistry will be here in Blueshirts and when he will retire. Callahan + 2nd round + 3rd round would have been a great deal.

Pens are out in California now and are leading the Sharks 2-1 going into the third. Tomorrow they play the Ducks.

Hi Neph :)

In Glendale, Arizona, if you buy a cup of coffee and some Timbits from the Tim Horton's stand, you get two free tickets to a Coyotes game!

2PYjV3o.gif

The two highest payed players on the whole team at work there. Welcome to my world. Don't worry the Penguins will probably get swept in the first round by the Blue Jackets. And I will probably set a couch on fire and throw it out my window onto oncoming traffic.

Yay Pens win again. Now back to Pittsburgh tomorrow to play the Crapitals again for a home and home.

Wow there's actually a race for the President's Trophy as of this moment. The Blues are ahead just by a point or two over the competition. It looked like the Ducks were going to run away with it there for awhile but that's changed.

Ducks have been dog shit since the start of February, and it's funny to watch all the homer retards on twitter and HF go ballistic. This team has been playing above it's head all year, but the second they start to slump, it's the apocalypse. I've maintained the opinion that this team is a playoff team that really shouldn't be a true contender for another year or two, and that whatever success that happens right now is just gravy. People need to calm down and look at things with more perspective.

Nevertheless, I hope they can right the ship and play some competitive hockey. Despite this team being a bit immature in my opinion, I still think they can do some damage in the playoffs if they play at their best.

To be honest the regular season means nothing anymore once you get to the playoffs. the lowest seeded teams can out play the highest seeded teams with the right gameplan.

I'm not comparing the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League to the NHL, but a year ago Dmitri Jaskin (who is a Blues prospect) was the most NHL ready player in the Q at the time. He was lighting up teams like it was nothing, Moncton had the highest offense in the league, but when they hit the playoffs against Victoriaville they shut down Jaskin and the team couldn't get anything going with all that offense, because Victoriaville defensively played a perfect series. 3 shutouts in 5 games for them.