NHL kicks off in Prague

lol this was the trade the Flyers made for Lindros

June 30, 1992- Traded by the Quebec Nordiques to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philadelphia's 1993 1st round draft choice, Philadelphia's 1994 1st round draft choice and $15,000,000.

Yeah, I remember that trade. I would have been fuckin pissed if it was my team.

Although, the Rangers have made some unreal trades over the years. They absoulutely LOVE trading young prospects for over the hill former stars. It's only been in the last several years where they have started to bring some of their prospects through their system.

This year the Rangers seems to be almost a completely new team from last year. Näslund - Gomez - Zherdev looks like it could be a good line.
Did you know how über religious Näslund is?

I think Rangers took a risk by taking him. Sure there's a possibility he'll be really good but he's also old and i reckon he gets pretty well paid.

I think Rangers took a risk by taking him. Sure there's a possibility he'll be really good but he's also old and i reckon he gets pretty well paid.

I don't know, he played well in pre-season. He's not really being relied upon on this team to be a top producer. More for experience and to help bring the younger guys along. From what I hear he is a very good teacher. Many expect him to become a head coach when he retires from playing. 50 points from him would be nice. I'd like to see him get his +/- a little better though. I think that is within reach on this team.

Naslund has been a consistent 20 goal scorer for I think about 7-9 years. The problem may be that he's now playing for an Eastern conference team, and 75% of the eastern teams focus more on defence.

What do you guys think about Fabian Brunnström? A Hatrick in your NHL debut, that can't be happening very often.

He's good, but the record the stars have is overshadowing his debut.

Habs FTMFW!!

Anyone see George Laraque pummel Todd Fedoruk's face in :headbang: