NHL

Great APE is not better than Sid or Malkin. APE can score goals and hit better. Our two from Pittsburgh know how to score as well as assist teammates,back check,etc. Sid wears "C" on his jersey because of his leadership. Who's Washington's "C" Chris Clark.What a joke!

The 'Hawks now trail VAN 2-1 in the series, but all is not lost. If we go back to Canada tied at 2-all, we'll still be in reasonably good shape.

Great APE is not better than Sid or Malkin. APE can score goals and hit better. Our two from Pittsburgh know how to score as well as assist teammates,back check,etc. Sid wears "C" on his jersey because of his leadership. Who's Washington's "C" Chris Clark.What a joke!

And do you know why Ovechkin doesn't wear the 'C'?? It's been offered to him every year and he has refused... He didn't feel comfortable enough with his english and ability to be understood by the media with his english to be good enough to wear the 'C'...

I've got more respect for him because of it... And just 'cause the 'C's on a jersey doesn't mean you're not a leader... Many players on many teams have proven that...

VERY WEAK argument...

Ovie's up for a bunch of awards this year as well as Geno - where's Cindy's nominations??

Personally I think the C (that Bettman was determined to push Crosby as the youngest Captain ever and blew up in his face (hahaha Buttman!!)) only truly began for Cindy last year... Before then it was just there - none of the players respected him completely as a leader - they may have been TOLD to; but respect is earned... plain n' simple..

Just some career stats for ya - and note, Geno has one less year than the other two...

Alex Ovechkin Team:WSH Pos:L From:2005-2006 To:2008-2009
GP:324 G:219 A:201 P:420 +/-:19 PIM:216 PP: 78 SH: 4 GW:34 GT:0 OT:7 Shots:1,791

Evgeni Malkin Team:pIT Pos:C From:2006-2007 To:2008-2009
GP:242 G:115 A:189 P:304 +/-: 35 PIM:238 PP: 47 SH:2 GW: 15 GT:0 OT:3 Shots:804

Sidney Crosby Team:pIT Pos:C From:2005-2006 To:2008-2009
GP:290 G:132 A:265 P:397 +/-:30 PIM:285 PP: 42 SH:0 GW:16 GT:0 OT:4 Shots:939

Great APE knows nothing about respect and leadership. I have seen APE holler like Ric Flair after goals. Is that respect?

Great APE knows nothing about respect and leadership. I have seen APE holler like Ric Flair after goals. Is that respect?

How DARE someone celebrate a goal!!!! How DARE he and his teammates enjoy a win!!! How DARE they have fun playing a game!!!!! :guh: And BTW, Flair is highly respected in his field... And you saying Ovie knows nothing about respect and leadership just shows you know nothing about Ovie...

And how soon some forget Crosby's shootout goal celebration at the Winter Classic...

I guess leaders go to the ref and ask that they make an announcement to stop throwing hats...

Thanks for throwing your support behind the lesser of the 2 "evils"!:lol:

Yeah even though I'm a die hard Shark fan, I am originally from Orange County so I used to go to a lot of Ducks games and still root for them when the Sharks are out... But they are evil!! I wish the Sharks were more EEEVEEL!!:devil::Smokedev::hotjump::Shedevil:

period. Ape takes double the shots as anybody else in the league. My heart lies with the Pens and will never give the Caps credit that some do.

period. Ape takes double the shots as anybody else in the league. My heart lies with the Pens and will never give the Caps credit that some do.

And I've been a die hard Capitals fan for 20 years... but I'm not so closedminded that I will not admit that Malkin and Crosby are good players and have made some amazing plays... Hell I even LIKE Malkin.. but Crosby keeps diggin' himself deeper into the hole with all his whining and it's hard to show the same respect to him...

I follow alot of players in this league - hell I had Fleury and Osgood on my fantasy team this year!!! And Cindy!!! (traded Thorton for him - hey it was offered, I would've been stupid not to take it) Avery is the only player that just flat out disgusts me... So to show such distain for a player that TRULY hasn't warranted such a feeling is beyond comprehension...

I think if those that show such feelings towards Ovechkin got to see him play as much as I do, to see how he interacts with his teammates and fans at Kettler, to hear how much he laughs and how it reverberates at Kettler when there are only a few people there during the week, to hear what he's done for local fans and fans in different parts of the country... alot of these folks would view him in a different light...

Confidence can easily be confused with egotisim

Well Jennifer I was riding to work this morning listening to Sportstalk 980 and who's WHINING? None other than Brodreau and McPhee crying about the 7 to 2 powerplays. No doubt the Pens where a step faster and majority of the calls against the Caps where legit. But lets cry in the media to work for the calls for next game. Those two whining to the media is no different than the supposed whining that everybody who dislikes Sid says about him.

Yeah even though I'm a die hard Shark fan, I am originally from Orange County so I used to go to a lot of Ducks games and still root for them when the Sharks are out... But they are evil!! I wish the Sharks were more EEEVEEL!!:devil::Smokedev::hotjump::Shedevil:
I'll cheer for any NHL team over the Dead Wings!

Well Jennifer I was riding to work this morning listening to Sportstalk 980 and who's WHINING? None other than Brodreau and McPhee crying about the 7 to 2 powerplays. No doubt the Pens where a step faster and majority of the calls against the Caps where legit. But lets cry in the media to work for the calls for next game. Those two whining to the media is no different than the supposed whining that everybody who dislikes Sid says about him.

We aren't bitchin' about calls made; although the Varly and Juice slashes were questionable - we're complaining about the non-calls for your team...

Seems to be a trend for the Pens whoever they play in the playoffs... So sue us for wanting consistancy... Atleast there's something with a little weight to it... Come on man 7 penalties called to your 2?? And game 1 had 5 - 2... And it's not just against the Caps... It's across the board for the Pens..

Whether ya like it or not - there seems to be some biase..