NHL

In Raiegh visiting my in-laws for thanksgiving and got to go to the Canes-Thrashers game last night. Don't think
I have ever seen a 3rd period come back like that live before. Good stuff.

I am very happy to see Chicago leading their division at this point in the season! I am also thrilled that they've locked up Toews, Kane, and Keith to longterm deals!

I dunno about you guys, but I THOROUGHLY enjoyed spaking the Flyers at home Saturday night... And I got to attend the 6 - 2 victory at home over the Panthers 2 nights before... I've had a GREAT fantasy week!!!!

I think Pavelec was brought up a little too soon by the Thrashers... He was doing well then just kinda fizzled; same thing seems to have happened with Pascal Leclaire (Sens) and Steve Mason (Jackets)...

Some Caps fans are still feeling the pain of losing Chris Clark and Milan Jurcina - both were awesome guys and great to the fans... And no one knew a damn thing until a couple hours before game time - hence the POUNDING we took that night...

We got Chimera but I think he's still trying to find his nitch on our roster..

Sharks are on a tear!!! 9 Goals last night and already 3 at the end of the 1st vs the Kings!!! Woooots!!!

Patty back in the league lead with 33 goals!

Bear

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=xve#&navid=nav-stn-east

Look again my friend... the Sabres lead the Northeast division... Look down to the Southeast, upon the 68 point Capitals to see who's leading the EAST...

PS - My boy Theodore was a MONSTER in net tonight!!!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

They were tied with 66 going into last night's games with the Sabres having a game in hand. Sabres lost at the Ducks last night and the Caps won putting them back on top.

I lived in the DC area for about 10 years so I've been to several Caps games (usually against the Sabres), including at the old Cap Centre. While I'm not a fan, I am glad to see the Caps have put together a strong team.

Farewell Kovalchuk, you will be missed. I wish him the best and am glad he has the opportunity to play for a contender for a change. Hate to say it, but he had to waste a lot of his carreer playing for my sub-par Thrashers. Good luck to him.

That PIT/WSH game yesterday was amazing! I caught the last few minutes and was glad I did! I can see those 2 facing off in the East Finals!

Farewell Kovalchuk, you will be missed. I wish him the best and am glad he has the opportunity to play for a contender for a change. Hate to say it, but he had to waste a lot of his carreer playing for my sub-par Thrashers. Good luck to him.
Sad but true. I got that e-mail from Don Waddell(as you probably did) and was VERY pissed at him for not trying harder to re-sign Kovy, but Kovy wanted more money(who can blame him for that) and of course the chance to play for a real contender. I just hope we get to face NJ in the playoffs this year!:kickass::headbang:

Happy Trails, Ilya! You will be dearly missed here!

Sad but true. I got that e-mail from Don Waddell(as you probably did) and was VERY pissed at him for not trying harder to re-sign Kovy, but Kovy wanted more money(who can blame him for that) and of course the chance to play for a real contender. I just hope we get to face NJ in the playoffs this year!:kickass::headbang:

Happy Trails, Ilya! You will be dearly missed here!

I guarantee you that he signs for someone this summer for less than what the Thrashers offered him. He just wanted to go somewhere to compete for the cup. He had no intention of signing with Atlanta no matter what the offer was, and I don't blame him. His talent was being wasted here.