NHL

It would seem that the Thrashers are turning into the proverbial Road Warriors, as it were-knocking off the Ducks and Kings in consecutive contests! Hail!

How about that goal by Ovechkin last night during the Habs game in the first period... That Spin-o-rama was the first sign that another 'Ovie' goal was about to take place...

He rules... :kickass:

I've got a HUGE hockey schedule over the next week or so... Attending Hockey n' Heels on Saturday (an event for women - obviously - where there are 5 'classes'; I'm stoked about getting to break down film with Coach Boudreau and getting to ask Rod Langway questions during another; game against the Penguins on Sunday; game against the Flyers on Tuesday and a party with Capitals players on Wednesday.. Hitting the 'Canes game on 3/3 and hopefully hitting the game on Feb 26th as well (trying to get in on another event - chics n' sticks)

And what do you guys think about the whole Kovalev deal in Hab country.. Personally I'm loving it after that farse of a All Star starting lineup the fans managed.. I'd bet money it was fixed - seriously, the league just happened to not put 'captcha' on it until 3 weeks after the voting started and Habs players already had over 200k votes... BS... I hope the team tanks 'cause they ain't that good..

And what's up with Guch out in SJ?? He's been in a bit of a slump - he's better than what he's been producing lately, which isn't much!!!

off the soapbox :p

When you referred to the Spin-O-Rama move, I was immediately reminded of the great Blackhawk Denis Savard, who made that move very famous throughout his career!

I had a HUGE hockey weekend - did an event for women with the Capitals all day Saturday; Hockey n' Heels; got a Q&A with Rod Langway and Lisa Hillary (local sportscaster); got to dawn a goalie's glove and get shot at by Boyd Gordon while being critiqued by Neuvirth; did slapshots with Fleishmann; played with a bunch of Capitals equipment and got to go thru film with Coach Boudreau.. Very kewl day - and got a ticket to the 3/3 'Canes game too..

And today I was at the Phone Booth for the Caps Pens game - awesome 5 - 2 win.. Watching the Pens play, they're struggling... Of course they did play the Cryers.. I mean Flyers yesterday... We play them Tuesday and I'll be hitting that game too (hoping to attend the GM talk before the game for STHs with an invite) and I've got a cocktail party with the Caps on Wednesday night...

it's a good hockey week!!! :p

Man that game between the Sharks and Redwings was a tough pill to take last night. Freaking refs were out to lunch. Never the less the Redwings deserved the win, just didnt need the extra help from the refs. If the Sharks and Redwings meet in the playoffs I believe it will come down to home ice advatage. We shall see

Bear

Man that game between the Sharks and Redwings was a tough pill to take last night. Freaking refs were out to lunch. Never the less the Redwings deserved the win, just didnt need the extra help from the refs. If the Sharks and Redwings meet in the playoffs I believe it will come down to home ice advatage. We shall see

Bear

No Shit... the series ends up 2-2 each winning in their own house...
They better hope they catch us for the presidents trophy because I agree, home ice advantage will be huge...

We did outshoot them with less powerplays. So that's something to think about.

I can't believe they over turned that goal when the ref was right there looking right at it and some bozo in a booth called what he couldn't see? whatever, they usually get those right but I don't think so in this case... And how they missed that puck hitting the net 20 ft above the glass and not calling it dead, unbelievable. Detroit played a great game in the Joe... no crying over spilt milk...

I hope we meet in the playoffs!:headbang:

Fo sho brotha!!!! I got the Stars and The Ducks coming up!! Are you going to be at any of those Saturday games? going to be awesome stretch!!! We should hook up for some brews downtown San Jo

Oh yeah got a new pad in Mountain View, moving next month on the 28th \m/...Can you say house warming metalfest!!!

Bear

No Shit... the series ends up 2-2 each winning in their own house...
They better hope they catch us for the presidents trophy because I agree, home ice advantage will be huge...

We did outshoot them with less powerplays. So that's something to think about.

I can't believe they over turned that goal when the ref was right there looking right at it and some bozo in a booth called what he couldn't see? whatever, they usually get those right but I don't think so in this case... And how they missed that puck hitting the net 20 ft above the glass and not calling it dead, unbelievable. Detroit played a great game in the Joe... no crying over spilt milk...

I hope we meet in the playoffs!:headbang:

The Flyers Caps game earlier this week was a f'n travesty... Good ol' Devorski making BS calls as always but my boys just collapsed in the 3rd.. I dunno what the f happened to them... F'n Flyers and their fans - damn you all to HELLL!!!!!

Looking forward to the trade deadline to see who does what... So many Caps fans here are screaming for Pronger and I'm just like, no I just don't think that's a great idea... I don't have an issue giving up the likes of Nylander and Morrisonn - who's game has suddenly improved - but those two don't equal $6.25 of cap space for next year and I don't want to get a 'rental player' that puts us in a 'Hossa'...

I'll be at the Canes game Tuesday and another game on the 8th - it's either then Pens, or Islanders.. can't remember...

And as far as the Western Conference - I'm cheerin' for the Sharks!!! GO GUCH!!!!!

I don't think the Rangers will be able to recover much from this season... I'm THRILLED to see Tortarella behind the bench - he got a RAW ASS deal in Tampa - but they need to do something with their players to get this team back on track... They've had a bad couple of years and have an S-LOAD of money tied up in a couple players that no one will touch with a 10 foot pole... They can't rebuild when their ass is riding the cap line and no one wants their overpaid players...

But I love Gomez and Lundqvist so I hope they get their crap together...

The Flyers can go hang out at the bottom with the Islanders for all I care :cool:

Although I used to live in MD, I no longer care about the Caps. Of course, my faves in the SE Division are the Thrashers, as horrible as they've been for nearly all of their short history as a franchise. Great comeback win the other night versus Carolina, though! Peverley is turning out to be a real diamond in the rough for Atlanta!

Anyone's thoughts about some of Don Cherry's latest comments (about players who wear visors are cowards; his constant bashing of all Euro players, but he's taken a special liking to bashing Ovechkin lately.. etc.. etc...) ??

Him and those jackets of his... I read a ton of comments yesterday from Canadians that have switched from support to 'shut up and sit down - we're done with you'...