NHL

I've seriously enjoyed some tool's whining on the HF boards about Cindy not being in the running for MVP... How she's the greatest player in the NHL.. blahblahblah..

I'm not going to make the expected Ovechkin comments here... If Cindy and that silly of a Pens fan want to see a better player than her, all they've gotta do is look to the guy on their team wearing the 71...

You can't completely blame Anderson - your D stands still too much, they gotta keep their feet moving.. that's why they get beat all the time and while on the ice, get to watch with everyone else, odd man rushes...

Good point there. You get to see the Thrashers enough, don't ya?:lol:

Yeah the Caps tend to see them often :) I think the Thrashers tho can be greatly improved if they picked up some quality D-man to lead the young guys... Too bad they can't buy some confidence either - they've got good players, they just need their still pretty new coach to figure out what to do with 'em... I dunno how many (if any) of these guys played for him in the minors before he got the HC job...

Yeah the Caps tend to see them often :) I think the Thrashers tho can be greatly improved if they picked up some quality D-man to lead the young guys... Too bad they can't buy some confidence either - they've got good players, they just need their still pretty new coach to figure out what to do with 'em... I dunno how many (if any) of these guys played for him in the minors before he got the HC job...
Quite a few of them did, actually. He did coach in the Thrashers' minor league system. Don Waddell has GOT to go, however. The Capitals could go very far in the playoffs this year. I just wish Atlanta was playoff bound this year. Maybe next year.

Thanks for losing, Boston..Sharks win the President's Trophy! :D

trophy_presidentslg.jpg

WOOHOO! Back-to-back wins for Chicago over Dead-troit!:lol::headbang::kickass::worship: A briilliant 3-0 SHUTOUT today! We enter the playoff series Vs. Calgary on a serious roll! We've got the momentum firmly behind us now! 'Hawks in 5 over CAL!:headbang::kickass:

WOOO HOOO SHARKS!!!! I'm getting me some Sharks gear in the off season - hopefully a Guch jersey!!! :)

I'm on the fence about the Caps/ Rangers series... we haven't seen them since Tortorella came on as well as Morris, Afiniginov and the return of that bastard Avery and they're finally bringing the talent they have on the winning side... And GOD only knows what Avery will do... Plus my guys have been SLOPPY the last few weeks - but I think with Brash, Poti and Gordon coming back that should sure up some line combos (plus Coach wasn't setting ANY lines for the last 2 weeks; it's been shuffle central!!) It'll be a good series - but my boys need to light a fire under their asses...

I must say I'm TOTALLY looking forward to watching the Philly n' Pitt series - here's to them both beating the piss outta each other...

I'm totally bragging...

So, for the last week of the Capitals season, they do Fan Appreciation week n' giveaway a ton of autographed stuff - individual signed Caps jerseys, pucks, Coach's bobblehead signed.. and THE prize this season was a team autographed stick... So the first day there's a 'Jennifer F. from Sterling, VA' listed as the winner of forementioned stick.. and for a moment I was like 'wow - that's me!!' but I never got an email or anything so I chalked it up to being just another Jennifer F. in the area...

I got home today and there's this 6', slim FedEx pachage in my door and there's a little hole at the top where I see a curved piece of wood sticking out... I dropped everything I had in my hands and danced like a kid at Christmas...

I am the PROUD owner of a Washington Capitals team autographed stick!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I WON something!!!