Nick Scott

I'm pretty sure you can lodge a PayPal dispute no matter how it's paid. They may not offer you the same protection but they still act on it.

I disagree; I have clients pay with that feature all the time because I don't want $35-50 to be taken out of every payment I get; that's like a week's worth of groceries. Most of them have no problem with it because I'm trying to run a legitimate business and fucking people over generally doesn't lead to more customers (oddly enough it seems to work for Nick, though... maybe I'm doing this wrong).

i see your point, i meant more from the customer's point of view - from my experience Paypal are quick and willing to help in problematic situations, which is something i like to have as a backup when things don't go so well. i probably would agree to pay 'gift' to the guys here, though. just a tip; as a buyer, you can pay the fee, so if you ever get someone not sure about using the gift option you can propose them to pay the fee themselves.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about the previous shaddy-ness with this guy. Heard a bit of it, then one day he posted something on FB about "PA people hit me up", so I asked him what was up and he had a friend stranded about an hour from me and said friend needed a ride to Ohio....said he'd pay well. I didn't have wheels at the time, and even if I did, wouldn't have sacrificed 14 hours of my day to make the death haul across PA.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about the previous shaddy-ness with this guy. Heard a bit of it, then one day he posted something on FB about "PA people hit me up", so I asked him what was up and he had a friend stranded about an hour from me and said friend needed a ride to Ohio....said he'd pay well. I didn't have wheels at the time, and even if I did, wouldn't have sacrificed 14 hours of my day to make the death haul across PA.

14 hours? What kind of old woman are you? :lol:

Nick just messaged me back after *counts messages* NINE separate contacts through texts, calls, and FB.

Somehow I'm not very optimistic :err:

Yeah, anyone needing editing done quickly should just go to Jeff right from the get go.
Had him edit a project for me awhile ago and he went out of his way to tell me he was swamped/finishing a Dave Otero album and needed an extra day or so. I think it took him like 3 or 4 days max to finish it.
Dude's fast.

14 hours? What kind of old woman are you? :lol:

??

I'd have had to go to Scranton which is about an hour north of me, then to Ohio....you ever drive west through PA? It's like fucking 6 hours dude! So At least 12-14 hrs round trip.

According to Google Maps, it'd be 962 miles, 16 hrs 44 mins. 0.o

??

I'd have had to go to Scranton which is about an hour north of me, then to Ohio....you ever drive west through PA? It's like fucking 6 hours dude! So At least 12-14 hrs round trip.

According to Google Maps, it'd be 962 miles, 16 hrs 44 mins. 0.o

yeah man, I've driven across the whole country eat to west / top to bottom ;)

I didn't realize you meant round trip when you said 14 hours :lol:

Hahaha, yeah. 'Tis all good brotha.

Did I just read something on FB about your new album coming out?!

haha

yup .. its actually been available on the bandcamp site for a few months now ... pretty fuckin cheap too

If you're bored, just follow the link in my sig and check out a few tunes on the bandcamp site ... maybe you'll dig it \m/

sorry for the off topic ... back to well earned / deserved Nick bashing

Whoever said "there's no such thing as bad press" is a fucking moron. I truly hope this message gets out to everyone to avoid NS like the plague.

Stuff like this is a sad reminder of what you have to put up with in the music industry. Dirtbags everywhere. It makes me sick to think that a fellow AE would just blatantly fuck over another AE.