Nick Scott

just out of curiosity... how much did nick charge you for these services?

...how much did you pay him?

So now Joey Sturgis is like "hey dude you did really good on those two random albums that you have no mention or proof you were involved with. Come to do some (stuff...?) with me at my place"?

It's more like "You live nearby and based on your solo stuff and own band I can tell you know how to track/edit guitars incredibly tightly. I fucking hate tracking guitars so come do it for me please."

Tracking/editing guitars like that is fucking tedious, I don't blame him at all for wanting to use his time on more productive things when it's not like guitar editing requires insane skill or musicianship.

Tracking/editing guitars like that is fucking tedious, I don't blame him at all for wanting to use his time on more productive things when it's not like guitar editing requires insane skill or musicianship.

Bleh. This shit pisses me off so much. God forbid he had given the job to person he originally asked to do it but that is for another time.

Pedro any updates?

Not thrilled to write in a thread such as this, but I'll say OP you knew the person in question is a pathological liar (or pretends to be one). He's obviously toying with you, using you for self-promotion, totally disrespecting you and your work, and your response...

YOU create another whole thread devoted to such a person.

You are falling for it, and have brought this upon yourself. And in doing so, drag everyone else along into help keep promoting childish games and deceit as permissible and effective way to promote one's work.
That person might have well planned to again let such a thread grow, then enter it and boast his drum editing in here, so everyone will take a listen, then praise his work and his behavior..

Except.. I just posted here :lol:

Still, sorry for your situation, OP.

Nah, I just created this thread so everyone else in this community stays away from him professionally.
So that empowerment thing doesn't make much sense.

Also I could literally not give a shit about this boasting his drum editing skills.. What? He didn't even edit a song.

No, no money yet.

yes, hence the name... the Paypal protection is IMO always worth the sum of extra money which is often a trivial amount. just make sure to set yourself as the party to pay the fee though, if that's how it's agreed upon (seller wants the exact amount without fees applied)

What I meant was this kind of stuff -and the subsequent threads- should not happen, to begin with ;)

I still think talking about it (unfortunately) is a kind of advertising, in a way.

yes, hence the name... the Paypal protection is IMO always worth the sum of extra money which is often a trivial amount. just make sure to set yourself as the party to pay the fee though, if that's how it's agreed upon (seller wants the exact amount without fees applied)

I disagree; I have clients pay with that feature all the time because I don't want $35-50 to be taken out of every payment I get; that's like a week's worth of groceries. Most of them have no problem with it because I'm trying to run a legitimate business and fucking people over generally doesn't lead to more customers (oddly enough it seems to work for Nick, though... maybe I'm doing this wrong).

I disagree; I have clients pay with that feature all the time because I don't want $35-50 to be taken out of every payment I get; that's like a week's worth of groceries. Most of them have no problem with it because I'm trying to run a legitimate business and fucking people over generally doesn't lead to more customers (oddly enough it seems to work for Nick, though... maybe I'm doing this wrong).

And this post just made my day.

I hope he's not banned, I find these threads most amusing.

For example in the thread where he told us he's engineering the Miss May I album we got such gems as

That's nothing. Me and Sneap went twos up on a one-legged Russian hooker once. He paid.

and

I demand a testimonial signed by Machine and Nick's mother, a 3D video of them playing Ping Pong in jumpsuits, a free limited edition (if there isn't a limited edition, I demand one will be pressed just for me) copy of this album (although I have to confess I'm not familiar with the band) and three (3) 0.5 liter bottles of Jägermeister before I believe anything.

oh and

Just gotta band tryin to screw me out of money.. :/