Nick Scott

Tim has a lot of valid points. Not nice points, not at all, but it's not a perfect world and the business side of these things often revolves around untrustworthy scum. I don't like it, you don't like it, but fuck, there's not much we can do about it. I don't want to get into that game, which is one of the reasons I decided to call it a day. At least for now.

Well from what I understand he is banned from working at Machine Shop again so I would say he is fucking up his profession career.

Not that it's any of my business but since it came up, mind to shed some light on this? PM is fine, too! :)

tim if nothing else he could communicate and say he fucked up and cant do the job and refund the money.even though that would suck because time was wasted it would be an acceptable loss. there is no excuse for running a business that poorly and he deserves whatever business loss is brought on by his actions.

tim if nothing else he could communicate and say he fucked up and cant do the job and refund the money.even though that would suck because time was wasted it would be an acceptable loss. there is no excuse for running a business that poorly and he deserves whatever business loss is brought on by his actions.

it's difficult for me to agree with part of this because i have worked on campaigns where the turn around was nearly 24hours and was required to delegate services outside my own schedule. if the service isn't provided within (or around) my specified deadline, it is my responsibility to make an executive decision to temporarily eat the cost and have the services rendered elsewhere.

true, we can talk about how unprofessional the agency is that flaked but it won't get the job done and ultimately the client will accept no excuses.

if you are working with a professional budget, the money is not coming out of your pocket and you have every right to recoup the expense that was paid... whatever legal action that may be.

i would love to live in a world that when people make mistakes they do not utter a single excuse to cover their asses, instead own up to their mistake and suffer the consequences. but that is a completely unrealistic expectation.

To be fair I think that was the first time he posted something for sale on the forum

That, and the fact that he never once really admitted to most of his lies (no mention of them here), just kinda stopped posting in all the shitstorm threads, and then popped up in others soon after as if nothing had ever happened - also, he was always almost excessively nice/friendly (and occasionally humorously naive), which made me want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and makes me think (hope) he is just a pathological liar, rather than total con-artist sociopath - of course, even if he is, it doesn't excuse the douchery

When I bought the mic off of Nick not one person on this forum said anything in his ad, not one. So I had no clue about his shitty reputation.

I got paid in the end, so I no longer have any skin in the game. Just feel bad for all the guys here that didn't end up getting what they paid for.

There is a STICKY for these kinds of things:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/merch-stand/514789-sellers-feedback.html
Use it!

There has been several scammers around here, yet there so much positive feedback in that one. No wonder people let down their guard. The nightmares get posted in off topic tavern and gets buried in a week.

...and like josh said, this is an opt in process. you have to be willing to do unforgivable things (sometimes) to get what you want. i know i have flaked on people before and i am certain you all have too and feel really shitty about it.

call me when he's wanted for murder.

So you're admitting you knew you were doing something bad but you did it anyway, even if it made you feel shitty?
Congrats dude!

the thing about mistakes rudyyyy! ...is you have to feel remorse after you make'm y'see. otherwise you can't learn from them dawwwww!

cosby.jpg

Hm... Don't know why everyone is "fighting" about making mistakes or whatever. I might have made a mistake now, yes, but he seemed sound. I still haven't received a refund. So right now I've kind of been robbed.

He did tell me he was going to refund me after I posted this, but nothing so far. Also, about giving lessons in terms of deadlines and how I should have done it, I always had that covered, it still doesn't give him the right.

Probably because he is pyschopatic liar ( tons of proof here in the forum with great topics like the SSL one and more) . He declared himself as autistic here in the forum. Now he need to declare himself as a thief . I can't understand why he wasn't banned early( i assume he is at this point?) Disgusting little fag.

Yep, i hate people like him.

Well yeah, I know all about his forum shenanigans, but I haven't heard anything about his Machine Shop shenanigans.

Unfortunately, I don't think his reputation here is gonna stop him from working with higher-tier bands. The press release for the new Danza just came out crediting him as the engineer and mixer for it and even gave a shout out to him working on Miss May I. Shenanigans.

What the hell happened at Machine Shop? I have a hard time believing that he was even there- or did any credible work related thing to this day. In the MMI studio videos it shows literally everyone but him with no mention of him.

Same thing with the Danza shit... They were on their fourth album on Metal Blade and apparently recorded with him...? Out of all these credible engineers. And there was no details as to if it was at his studio that he took forever to take pictures of which ended up being like a brick hallway with a Profire2626, right? Danza never announced anything except released a few prepro tracks the guitarist did himself...

So now Joey Sturgis is like "hey dude you did really good on those two random albums that you have no mention or proof you were involved with. Come to do some (stuff...?) with me at my place"?

Uh