Night Is The New Day album sales....

I'm not surprised if that is the US total. Not a single store around here I called the day of it's release got it in (Meijer, 2 Wal-Marts, 2 Best Buys, 3 F.Y.E's., Headquarters Music, Target).

I would never to have bothered to look in any of those stores, especially Target(since I work there) or Wal-Mart. But the F.Y.E. in my town did have TGCD and Riverside's Rapid Eye Movement, but that was probably because that store used to be a Warehouse Music and still have the old stock(they've had the same TGCD with the same label and cracked case from before the store changed). For most of my cds, if I wanted to buy a physical copy in store I would have to go to Amoeba Music in Los Angeles a hundred miles away. Thankfully, there's the internet. I really don't care about which label Katatonia is with as long as they tour near me, which they have. Now for a band like Riverside, I want them to get their ass to the west coast of the US. They've only done a show or two on the east coast.

roadrunner turned the bands that I liked in to shit, see what they did to Opeth ,Nightwish and Cradle they just couldn't get any worse

Only responding to your Opeth claim. Stating that Roadrunner has influenced Opeths music in any way simply shows a lack of knowledge of how Opeth writes music, Im not saying you have to like GR or WS, but it is simply ignorant to blame Roadrunner. All RR does is promote the band. Opeth still has 100% freedom to do what the fuck they want. They may just as well of released Orchid on Roadrunner and the music would have been the same.

roadrunner turned the bands that I liked in to shit, see what they did to Opeth ,Nightwish and Cradle they just couldn't get any worse

First, Opeth changed two band members from Ghost Reveries to Watershed (if you were aware) and the band changed mostly due to member changes, not label changes. With that said I still love the direction Opeth are going.

Second, Nightwish and Cradle have ALWAYS sucked.

Opeth still has that signature Mikael way of writing written all over it. He writes exactly the way he would regardless of the label situation. Also you'd have to be mad stupid to think Katatonia could be swayed so easily into letting record label pressure influence their sound.

Mad stupid.

its not about listening to the label, its about the type of fans that are typacilly accosiated with said label that push them to a more...... pleasing sound.

What, the type of kids who only care about vocals, think 3 Doors down is good music, and love Jesus? Hmm ... ? I think you'll get over it.

*No offense to anyone in particular. I just make astute observations.

i could care less about the fact that they are listening to it, saying it sucks etc. just worry that this fact is what impacts a bands sound to a more mainstream favorable one. say whatever you want about " JR and AN aren't gonna release anything but what they feel is Katatonia, but every band like to 1 please fans 2 sell albums

Please fans? You might want to check out the history of the band. They've already taken huge chances in their career by possibly alienating their only fans for a change in sound. If this last record had been released on RR people would have been bitching that they sold out for writing, "Idle Blood" just to gain the favor of the "RR Opeth" fans. RR would have zero impact over their decision making process regarding the sound, and only open up new doors for the band.

Get real bro.

To say that Akerfeldt would try to please fans but Renkse wouldn't is nothing short of retarded fanboyism.

Most of the changes in Opeth and PT recently are purely changes in influences anyway. Mike's current hatred for metal and fapping to old school music and prog lead him to Watershed, and Steven thinks Meshuggah is a real kewl kid's band so he put some of that into PT.

What, the type of kids who only care about vocals, think 3 Doors down is good music, and love Jesus? Hmm ... ? I think you'll get over it.

*No offense to anyone in particular. I just make astute observations.

None taken, Captain Obvious. :p

For the record, I like some 3 Doors Down, but certainly not all of it. Lately their stuff has bored me. I have to really be in the mood for it. The only reason I listed them in my signature as well as Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park, etc. is to show that I am not a common metalhead who likes Cannibal Corpse, Gorgasm, Rotting Christ etc. and that even some schmucks like me who listen to more mainstream music than most on here can still appreciate Katatonia as well. In fact, I think the band would actually be grateful discovering that their musical appeal runs far beyond just the metal scene with some people.
Jack

Hey, my motto is listen to whatever you like. I don't draw lines between "commercial," and "noncommercial." Just like everything else in this world the majority is crap no matter what you want to classify it as. You've got to really dig deep to find the diamond in the ruff.

What I was trying to say is that people will find something to bitch about regardless.

Please fans? You might want to check out the history of the band. They've already taken huge chances in their career by possibly alienating their only fans for a change in sound. If this last record had been released on RR people would have been bitching that they sold out for writing, "Idle Blood" just to gain the favor of the "RR Opeth" fans. RR would have zero impact over their decision making process regarding the sound, and only open up new doors for the band.

Get real bro.

did they change their sound to alienate there only fans or to get new ones? still dont think Idle sounds like Burden like everyone says, but the Akerfeldt quote of "best heavy record in 10 years" being stamped on every advertisment is questionable though imo. and if Kata went to Kscope i dont think anyone would/could bitch.

Kscope.....Katatonia needs to take a step forward, not backwards.

QFT!

All of you realize Kscope is a division of Snapper. Peaceville is a division of Snapper. Going to Kscope does nothing for Katatonia. They need PROPER label rep.

I'd HIGHLY doubt Roadrunner is looking at Katatonia. 1) Katatonia sales are paltry in the US. 2) Katatonia tour record in the US is paltry 3) Roadrunner seem to be building a different roster of late, focusing on their REALLY shitty Loud & Proud division, which houses Ratt, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sammy Hagar, Methods of Mayhem, etc.

Katatonia will end up on Century Media or Nuclear Blast. Century Media, aesthetically anyway would be the best fit. Nuclear Blast has the art aesthetic of a cross-eyed five-year-old.

If on nuclear blast we at least get some funny package deals.. NB is not that bad. They only need to stop to promote deathcore as teh heavy shit and everything will be fine.