Night Is The New Day

It´s a great cd..and it sounds really exquisite.But sorry it seems like a jonas solo album.Where are the great katatonia guitar melodies?.

I miss anders and fredrik guitar melodies, great cold distance was full of this melodies...

Anyway i bought digibook cd, because i am great katatonia fan..but something is missing on their music, great production, great songwriting, but where is the soul?

just wondering how it will sounds this "ballad" songs on live situation....

Um I'm sorry but this CD is full of little subtle melodies. You probably just aren't listening hard enough.

I think you are trying to talk about LEADS. If so, you are wrong again because TGCD has very few leads perhaps fewer than this one.

Where is the soul?
From the first minute of the record to the last :kickass:

i´ve listen to the cd 5 times, and it´s amazing!!! no doubts about it.I´m not complaing about the songs, it´s all fantastic.The onlu thing i miss is great anders guitar melodies and compositions!

If i have to choose songs, it would be forsaker, idle blood and the bonus tracks song, and these songs has been writen more or lees by anders.

Listen to the background melodies on forsaker, or the bonus track..it has the katatonia trademark melodies...( a bit hidden unders layers of music).

that´s what i meant, it´s an amazing cd, i will support katatonia cause it´s one of my fave bands, but i miss the discouraded ones guitar work!!.

I miss ander compositions, i think he write songs in more katatonia vein, but thats only my point of view..

Up katatonia!

i´ve listen to the cd 5 times, and it´s amazing!!! no doubts about it.I´m not complaing about the songs, it´s all fantastic.The onlu thing i miss is great anders guitar melodies and compositions!

If i have to choose songs, it would be forsaker, idle blood and the bonus tracks song, and these songs has been writen more or lees by anders.

Listen to the background melodies on forsaker, or the bonus track..it has the katatonia trademark melodies...( a bit hidden unders layers of music).

that´s what i meant, it´s an amazing cd, i will support katatonia cause it´s one of my fave bands, but i miss the discouraded ones guitar work!!.

I miss ander compositions, i think he write songs in more katatonia vein, but thats only my point of view..

Up katatonia!

hehe lol

Sorry for my english.. i mean melodies like that...the typical katatonia trademark sound..this two songs are good examples of katatonia trademark sound...listen to teargas melodies in the background..i dont know if it´s played by anders or fred..but it was son fucking amazing..

sometimes it remind me of old paradise lost, but much more better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now to think of it. You got a point there and I understand why you feel that way but still to me I love all katatonia, dont care if its done by Jonas or Anders or whatevah

Yeah the same goes for me..i love all katatonia cds, no matter if it comes from old days or katatonia right now.

But i think katatonia is(was) well known for this trademark guitar sound ( melodies).And if you think each time they have released a new album, it have had less katatonia guitar melodies..specially in the last 3 albums.

Viva emptiness..great cold distan and the new one.

I wouldn't say each release, but since Viva you're correct in your assessment. Haven't heard enough of the new cd to compare, but I'd assume it's following down the same path.

Edit: Not that there's anything to really lose in that department post TGCD.

Yeah the new one goes the same path more than ever!!!..just a couple of katatonia guitar melodies in the background..for just a seconds.. my fave track is "Ashen" for that reason.

None has the same feeling and soul ( that what i meant with soul, i´m not saying new songs has no soul), when it comes to melodies on the guitar..

Maybe paradise lost in the good old days...or new one it´s has a bit magic again..

Yeah the new one goes the same path more than ever!!!..just a couple of katatonia guitar melodies in the background..for just a seconds.. my fave track is "Ashen" for that reason.

Really how is that any different from the last record? Only really one song on that record, "In the White" has a strong emphasis on guitar melody, but even that isn't really the distinctive signature melodic sound the band is known for.

Really how is that any different from the last record? Only really one song on that record, "In the White" has a strong emphasis on guitar melody, but even that isn't really the distinctive signature melodic sound the band is known for.

totally agreed with you, the new record it´s a natural step from the last one, with more emphasis on calm or soft parts.

The last record that has this signature melodic sound, it was last fair...

Great cold distince, has this melodies too, but maybe it was played in a different manner, don´t know how to explain, but newer album has not guitar melodies maybe at all!!!

Yes, the Melodies have evolved just like every thing else. the godly Brave and Tomb of Insomnia style isolated repetitive passages are not repeated on DO, TD, or LFDGD, and the melodies evolved again with VE and TGCD and the new ones got some melodies for sure, just dont excpect LFD 2, it IS much more like TGCD but really it is a brand new step in evolution with the syth's. Day and then the Shade has phenominal melodies btw.

i found it in the mail after work today....

time to open the paper box with a small knife and i saw the digipack and behind the card (unfortunately a bit dirty by the other sign before)....

it was raining and i run in the car, my partner with me.....

i picked up the cd and played it in low volume....

i was freezing, music began and i closed my eyes......

i dont know if it was that grey atmosphere, or i was freezing....but every time i play night is the new day, everything seems to be different. every song has different shades that hit me.

it is like i feel music breathing inside me, and i cant stop my tears flooding from my eyes...

i'm not good in reviews, but i would try to explain my emotions

i'm a katatonia follower from man years, and i'm happy that the group is growing as me.
i appreciate their changes and i like the song with linder, departer makes me feel so sad.....

above all, my favorite is new night........maybe because i'm serious damaged by love

Seriously..
I have waited a week and a half since the album was released, and still nothing.
It would be faster to just go home to Anders or Jonas, and steal it.
heck, i could even have walked the distance to them in shorter time.

I hereby promise to never ever buy anything from burning shed again...

Seriously..
I have waited a week and a half since the album was released, and still nothing.
It would be faster to just go home to Anders or Jonas, and steal it.
heck, i could even have walked the distance to them in shorter time.

I hereby promise to never ever buy anything from burning shed again...

It's a shame you have had this experience, I have used BS for many years, and I am the furthest away from them (Australia). Royal Mail is always here in less than a week. ordering from the States always takes 2-3 weeks. So I am very happy with all services from the UK, much faster!

well.. i ordered it the same week it was available for preorder, but it was released a week and a half ago.
I said it before, but seriously... if i preorder something, i expect it to be at my door the day it is released, or one or two days away max,
Otherwise, i can just as well just go to my local store and buy it.

well.. i ordered it the same week it was available for preorder, but it was released a week and a half ago.
I said it before, but seriously... if i preorder something, i expect it to be at my door the day it is released, or one or two days away max,
Otherwise, i can just as well just go to my local store and buy it.

Yeah this is true, I ordered mine the second it was avail for pre-order, another mate ordered at same time as me, who lives an hour away. He was sent a "shipped" email on Friday 30th Oct, my email was Sat 31st Oct. His copy arrived the next Thursady here in Oz, mine was Friday. They must sort alphabettically or something, coz you would expect both of ours would have arrived at the same time.

Have you emailed BS? or have you been sent a "shipped" confirmation yet?