Night Is The New Day

Still Waiting? =p

I'm going totally insane about this. Again, Norwegian postage has gone to hell after the new system got started. Raaaarggh!!!!

You've gotten it how long ago?

I don't really want to know, but...maybe I like to hit myself or something?

This is an album that must be listened to over and over to understand fully, and even then, it's still always revealing something new... Katatonia are geniuses when it comes to being artists that force the audience to be artists themselves. By that I mean, we as listeners are forced to find the meaning, and in doing so, we are also forced to find the best possible listening situation: with both finding the right setting for the mood, and also stereo set-up. This is not a cd to just be put in and used as background noise, nor is it a cd to be listened to half heatedly with just any stereo system; everything must be perfect in order to receive the most from it.

As for the album itself, I love how much despair is in it, yet filled with hope as well. The whole thing seems like one big crossroads, both musically , and emotionally.

"New Night" seems to be a bit underrated on this forum, I think it has the one of the catchiest yet emotive choruses on the album, and the verses give me that cool as hell feeling that I got from "July" on the last album. I love the ambient bridge section in the middle aswell!

Idle blood is "Song of the Year" for me (along with "Time Flies" by PT and numerous songs of Dredgs latest masterpiece).

I love Krister Linders voice, his solo album is angelic, and he delivers the same qualities on Departer!

I agree about New Night. It seems to be quite underrated. I love the verses so much, gives me chills every time.

such a fantastic grower this album is. i am really amazed. it is funny, how the only song i still don't get is day and then the shade

im happy they picked Day. which reminds me, they should totally redo the song "Day" on a near future Lp or something.

So after my 1st listening and a bottle of beer, this is truly a masterpiece as Mr Åkerfeldt said. The first 5 songs could have been from "Best of Katatonia"! So brilliant!!! This is alreday way better than TGCD. 9/10

Just got mine yesterday. Listening to Liberation right now... This IS their best album so far. And it's the first Katatonia album I got into the first listen. The only songs that I would rate as just good were The Promise of Deceit and Departer the first listen, but they are all growing more on me each time.

Still nothing here either. But the local post office has really started to suck lately and have become beyond slow in delivering mail. I am still waiting for items to arrive that were shipped over 2 weeks ago from neiboring states. At the current rate I will consider myself lucky if the damn post office will get the cd to me by Thanksgiving.
Jack