Nightingale DVD

iulius

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2002
Timisoara, Romania
Visit site
Hey Dan, when will we see Nightingale live on a DVD? That would be something.

PS: I was listening the other days The human equation of Ayreon, and I was thinking you were missing from the lineup. I mean having a record where James LaBrie, Mikael Akerfeldt and you sing together would be ... ;) . Ok, the "perfect lineup" for me would definitely inlcude also Ted Leonard from Enchant.

Hi there

We are actually planning some kind of DVD. We have som great recordings to share. So the question is: when? Hopefully very soon. Mr Gurgelguff will do the "clipping and cutting". First we (we means Dan:Spin: ) must finalize the new CD, which by the way will sound great:headbang: . More news on this DVD subject will follow...

We are planning to release the DVD as a "tour edition" as we did with the "Bootleg CD" at PP in Holland. Of course you can buy it by mail later on. It´s a homemade DVD with Cyprus stuff and our first gig with the current lineup at Motala festival -01. Maybe some track from the first N.G gig ever in -98 and the worst "makin of video "( Alive Again ) ever ( well, maybe "making of I" is the worst after all ):D

Fag. I don't want some half-ass DVD that you have to buy off the net, make a real effort and record a good gig, like the Opeth DVD or something - I bought it at the store the day it came out. Quit being lazy arses!

Kloris said:
Fag. I don't want some half-ass DVD that you have to buy off the net, make a real effort and record a good gig, like the Opeth DVD or something - I bought it at the store the day it came out. Quit being lazy arses!
message for you:

stfu.

these guys work their asses off every day. what contribution have you made to the music world? zip? zero? zilch? don't start shit with Dan, or anybody else here cause this is a courtesy they're doing for us fans. if you don't like it, then don't post in this thread.

Silent Song said:
message for you:

stfu.

these guys work their asses off every day. what contribution have you made to the music world? zip? zero? zilch? don't start shit with Dan, or anybody else here cause this is a courtesy they're doing for us fans. if you don't like it, then don't post in this thread.

Agreed.

Kloris said:

According to my knowledge (that doesn't mean this is a fact), making a DVD isn't really that cheap, and for a band as Nightingale that doesn't enjoy the commercial success as Opeth (which I think is a shame), they just don't go out releasing DVD's just like that.
Besides, I think it's fun with these Fan extras that Gurgelguff and the boys give out...
It makes you kinda feel special.

PS. Dag, you can sign me up for one of those DVD's as soon as you get them ready!!!

You can put me already on the list.

Anybody bought something by mail from the Swano brothers? Please let me know what do I have to do, I never did it. I'm sure the guys have better things to do (like working on the new album :) than explain this once more to yet another guy.

I've bought some stuff from them...
I've put swedish currency in a letter and sent it to them (Dan or Dag)
when tey've received it they send the cd's over...not much to it...
but just drop them a line by e-mail and they'll let you know what to do :)
good luck

iulius said:
You can put me already on the list.

Anybody bought something by mail from the Swano brothers? Please let me know what do I have to do, I never did it. I'm sure the guys have better things to do (like working on the new album :) than explain this once more to yet another guy.

All I ever bought directly from them was the Live At The Metalfest CD.

It seems like forever ago now, but I think it was a case of sending money by PayPal (or it may have been by mail in the end, I seem to remember there was a problem with PayPal back then).

Back came the CD in no time, they sent me a free "I" T-shirt too.

Wish I had seen more of the items that had been sold. I am still looking for some Unicorn stuff.