Nightmares by The Sea

Opet

in my den of inequity
May 1, 2001
RI, USA
Are there lyrics online somewhere for this one? I just realized yesterday that they weren't in the booklet. :err:

Here are the lyrics: ( I hope that they are correct)
by Jeff Buckley

beware the bottled thoughts of angry young men
secret compartments hide all of the skeletons
little girl wants to make her home with him
in the middle of the shore she wonders

"don't know what you asked for"

all young lovers know why
nightmares blind their mind? s eye
your rube is young and handsome
so new to your bedroom floor
you know damn well were you? ll go

I've loved so many times and I've drowned them all
from their coral graves they rise up when darkness falls
with their bones they'll scratch the window
I hear them call

stay with me under these waves tonight
be free for once in your life tonight

I don't know the original version. Is it worth to download? (For sure it is a great song, but I couldn't imaging that it would be better than Katatonia's version :D ) I only have a 56k modem as my internet connection :mad:

do you think for one second that the experienced Katatonia fan would not know this fact?

thanks for sharing some information we already knew!!!

heheheh.................. bite me

Originally posted by pagan2002
i'd like to cover dream brother but it would be difficult

Well Jeff Buckley had an extraordinary vocal extention, and then the way he sings on that song is really unique, I guess it would be difficult to sing as he did.
By the way, am I wrong or Anthema have covered Nightmares by the Sea as well?

ether - i'm pretty sure anathema has... i dl'd a live version of nightmares that was listed as katatonia but i'm pretty sure is really anathema (they introduce the song with a very british accent :p)

i dl'd a live version of nightmares that was listed as katatonia but i'm pretty sure is really anathema

Yes, I heard that song too and was somewhat confused because it didn't sound like Katatonia and not like Jeff Buckley either. Somebody said that they played that song in Istanbul so I thought it was from that gig.

Alright, I've asked around and this is the information I got:

Yeah it's Anathema. They used to play it on the Judgement tour and they did it in Compiegne , France. By the way I think you can still download this live version on Kazaa but under the artist name of Katatonia. I think people mistook it with the studio cover Kata recorded.

:lol: ..that avatar, grief..

I thought I'd have to dig for this thread, but I'm glad it gave you something to talk about if only for a little while.

I was a bit :err: at the line "Your rube is young and handsome, so new to your bedroom floor." that got me thinking. I never heard the word rube before, so... :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up.

opet - a rube would be, like... a fool, a sucker i guess... or - ah - dictionary.com says 'an unsophisticated country person'.

and yeah... joyofgrief, that avatar's... well, what can i say :p just makes me read reaaaal fast when i'm checking the board from work ;)

Originally posted by Opet

I was a bit :err: at the line "Your rube is young and handsome, so new to your bedroom floor." that got me thinking. I never heard the word rube before, so... :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up.

If the word is rube, and not another one, rube means " peasant, rough man, etc." in slang American ( at least that´s what I found in my dictionary). English is not my mother tongue, actually I thought that an American would have understood Buckley´s lyrics better than me...